Chapter 58

***Six week time skip***

Arthur Leywin:

I sat down on top of my rock. Watching Claire and Feyfey train. It's been a month and a half since Feyfey has assimilated. And like I thought, he is like a fish in water learning the techniques from the Water Serpent Beast-Will. He had mastered the technique I wanted him to in about a month. While Claire had also learnt Fire Current at around the same time.

Because of this I started to have them spar against each other. Learn the ropes of their Beast-Wills, and see how long they can stay in their first phase. Because of the training to learn the first abilities from the Fire Pixie and Water Serpent they had already a good experience in learning how to use their Beast-Wills for over thirty minutes. But now I want to see how long they can last in battle.

"Alright, the match will start in, 3, 2, 1, go," I said, jumping back away from where they'll clash. Feyfey instantly activated Ocean Depth. Changing the surroundings to a water field. Creating pools of water all around and a large water dome around the two of them.

Feyfey started to send a barrage of water attacks, his terrain spell giving him a boost on his water spells. Claire using wind blades formed from her rapier was piercing through them, not letting any in a close range of her.

Claire started to go on the offense, trying to get close to Feyfey. Feyfey, noticing this, was using small water spells, trying to use the least amount of mana while keeping Clairea a good distance away from him. With fast sharp attacks Claire continued to cut through his spells. She got real close to Feyfey.

She prepared to finish the fight, but a smirk appeared on Feyfey's face and a large blast of water was shot up from the ground, hitting Claire in the process. "Oh, that's new," I muttered, watching Feyfey jump away and start preparing more water spells.

"Damn you Feyfey! Now my clothes are soaked!" Claire yelled, charging at Feyfey, who had already started on another set of water spells.

As the fight continued on, Claire tried to use fire spells, but the moisture from the dome has made it impossible for fire to properly light in these conditions. With Claire stuck at her less dominant element this fight seemed like it was going to end with Feyfey as the victor.

But the dome around them started to fade, as the Feyfey Ocean Depth spell wore off, not working anymore. Claire ignited fire across her Rapier, while Feyfey started to launch more condensed water spells, trying to make up for the loss of the domain spell.

With the onset of fire blades sent from Claire's rapier she had time to start preparing the move she learnt from the Fire Pixie's beast-will, Fire Current. The attack blitzed through all of Feyfey's spells, evaporating them in an instant. Feyfey was just able to get out of the way, but was met with the point of Claire's Rapier at his neck. Feyfey lifted his hand into the air and admitted defeat.

I walked over clapping my hands. "Good work you two, your fight was well done. But I do have some things for both of you to work on," I said, both of them turning towards me.

"Feyfey, you were too reliant on your domain spell to boost your attacks. While it may work for a while you can't hold it for long. So, I want you to start putting more time into making your water spells strong without using a lot of time or mana. The domain spell should only be used as a last resort or if you're taking on a large number of people," I explained, getting a grateful nod from Feyfey.

I turned over towards Claire who seemed to be itching for some advice. "Claire, try and work on your wind element. When you couldn't rely on fire your wind wasn't as effective as the fire. I would suggest asking your uncle, from what I've heard he is a strong wind mage and will be able to help you strengthen it," I explained.