Chapter 40

Arthur Leywin:

"Wake up!" Feyfey screamed, pulling the covers off my body, leaving the cold air of the room to send a shiver up my back. I tried to reach for my cover, but Feyfey pulled it farther away, making it unreachable.

"You need to get ready, we have our first Disciplinary committee meeting today and we don't want to be late," Feyfey said, causing me to lean up from my bed.

"But do I need to go? Like I know it should be important, but sleep is also very important," I said, getting up from my bed and walking over to the restroom to get changed.

Once I was changed into my Disciplinary Committee uniform, we started to make our way through the school to the meeting place of the Disciplinary Committee. We made it to a double door that had the engraved D.C.

We opened the door and entered the room. I had expected us to be greeted with a World Lion, but instead I was met with nothing. I guess we were early and beat Kai. We walked through the training area for the Disciplinary Committee and made it to another large set of double doors.

Once we opened those doors we were brought into a large room, while it wasn't bigger then the first room, this room had a large table in the middle, bookshelves surrounding the area and a loft area that was above another door that led out onto the stage.

Looking around I saw that the only other two people here were, Claire and-Caera? When was Caera added to the Disciplinary Committee.

"Arthur?" Caera asked, she had raised a brow while looking at me confused, most likely also thinking that I wasn't going to be here.

"Hello Caera, didn't know you were also in the Disciplinary Committee," I smiled, fine with this development. I walked over and gave her a hug, while doing so I whispered into her ear, "How is your core? Do you want me to check up on it?"

"Well the merging of the two wills has caused my beast will to return to needing to be assimilated with my body again. I've gotten slight pain from my mana core, but it isn't often enough for you to worry about," Caera dismissed, most likely not thinking of the implications.

"Caera, I'm gonna check on your core and quickly help move the process along. While you may not be worried, I am," I said, getting a nod from Caera. We went over to a bit of an open room in the area and Caera went down into a meditative position. I crouched down behind her and placed my hands above where her core rests.

I started to channel mana into it, allowing me to get a good look at her core. Caera's dark silver core had a purple glow around it that was moving wildly, it looked like something that needed to be contained.

Caera stretched out her mana throughout her body, while I tried to start moving the mana of the merged beast will around. But it was odd, the mana wasn't moving like it should. While it wasn't rejecting its commands, it was more like the mana was stubborn.

We spent the next thirty minutes working on Caera's beast will, and over that thirty minutes we didn't make a sliver of progress. The only results we had gotten was that I had used all of my mana trying to get it to budge.

The next member after us to arrive was Doradrea, she had barged into the room screaming, Claire had told her to calm down as it was too early to be making that much noise. She had tried to come bother Caera and I, but Feyfey stopped her, saying I was helping Caera with a core problem. She didn't accept the answer at first, but decided to leave it alone.

The next person was Theo, while he didn't barge in like Doradrea, it doesn't mean he was quiet either. He had called Feyfey a stick and challenged him to a fight, but Claire told him to knock it off and that she'll spar with him instead.