Chapter 32

***Day of announcement***

Arthur Leywin:

"Dear brother. Wake- UP!" I heard Ellies scream, jumping on top of me, as if I was some pillow that would cushion her fall.

"Ellie...you're too big to be doing this," I mumbled, feeling Sylvie roll around on the bed.

"Gasp! Brother, are you calling me fat?" Ellie said, pinching my side. "Be sure for you and Caera to be ready, we're heading out into town today," Ellie continued, hitting my back, before rushing out of the room leaving just me and Regis.

After I got up, I went over to Caera's room to find her sitting in front of her mirror not doing anything. "Oh, were you expecting me?" I asked, walking over Caera and picking up the hair brush that was on the table the mirror was resting on.

"Yes, shouldn't I expect my boyfriend to come and help me when I need him to?" Caera smirked, causing me to chuckle while I started brushing her hair.

"Yes, I guess you're right about that," I laughed.

"Anyways, Caera today is the day of the announcement of the council, along with Dicathen revealing the other continent, Alacrya," I said, getting a hum in response.

"Because of this we need to go into town to hear it, while I don't imagine anything will be different, I do want to see the Eralith's. While I may not be able to talk to them, I will be able to see them. While they may be the reason we lost a key location in the war, which caused us to lose said war. I understand why they did it," I said, getting a confused look from Caera.

"They let Scythe Cadell into the floating castle after Agrona threatened them with killing Tessia Eralith, their daughter," I said, causing Caera to understand.

"Also, how is the artifact doing?" I asked, pointing towards the artifact that was hiding her appearance.

"Not good, it's getting weaker each day, I don't think it'll be working by next month," Caera said, her body trembling in fear. I crouched down beside her and grabbed her hands.

"Don't worry, all will be fine, we'll be able to fix this, I promise," I said, causing her to stop trembling, and look at me.

"You promise?"

"Yes, I promise," I smiled, hoping to remove any bits of stress she had.

"Alright, then we should get going, I need to get a present for Ellie," Caera smiled, getting up from the chair, and left the room.

Caera ended up leaving with Ellie, mom, and aunt Tabitha, leaving me to go into town with Vincent. We were going to go visit Gideon. This is where I am to give him the blueprints for the steam engine, but that was the main reason for the war to start so early.

While I need to give him something to go across the ocean to Alacrya so I can get those pendants. So after some thinking with Regis, we've decided I'll give Gideon the ??? blue prints.

"Arthur, it's time to go!" I heard uncle Vincent yell, causing me to go downstairs.

"Already to go?" Vincent asked, opening the front door.

"Yup," I smiled, as I walked out the door to go to the carriage.

"So, we have the announcement at the city square, then after we are going to go visit Gideon, correct?" I asked, sitting across from Vincent inside the carriage.

"Yes, though we should hurry up. The announcement is in thirty minutes," Vincent said, the carriage speeding through Xyrus, going towards the city square.

It didn't take us long to reach the city square. The city square, which was usually bustling with activity anyway, was abnormally packed with both average citizens and nobles alike. On the side of the large clock tower were four orbs creating a square, and underneath these floating orbs there were two artificers in brown robes. Their drab clothing signified that they didn't do their work for glory or fame, but that didn't keep the mages from using unnecessarily grand gestures as they chanted, hands waving as if they were conducting a symphony.