Chapter 29

Arthur:

"Was that here last time, Brald?" the pot-bellied Kriol asked in a worried tone as we all peered up at the mana beast.

The creature resembled a worm-except it was large enough to easily swallow any one of us, whole-with a glowing red hide and countless rows of teeth encircling the hole that I assumed was the mouth. It was impossible to guess how long the creature was, but some of its body was still underground. Remembering this bastard as the thing that whipped out some of us last time.

Looking at the worm, I was wondering how this was going to end. Remembering the last time, Oliver died from this beast, and Brald lost one of his arms. "Conjurers, be prepared to cast a barrier spell to protect yourself. This species of mana beast is known for causing large fire pledges from the ground and whipping out raid parties," I commanded, getting a nod from almost everyone in the group.

"Please, why does it matter? It's just an oversized worm," Lucas said, preparing to launch an attack at the beast. But before he could do that, the worm burrowed under ground.

"It doesn't seem to be after us," Ni-Elijah said, eying where the worm had burrowed underground.

"Oliver, cast barrier!" I yelled, he looked at me confused for a bit, then shrugged me off and turned away. "Damn bastard," I muttered under my breath, feeling the ground below us start to shake.

I quickly looked over to Caera, she seemed to understand what I want, as a large barrier of fire, erupted from her body, engulfing everyone around us. Right after the room pledged into fire. The place lit up like the sun.

"See! This is why you cast fire barrier!" I yelled, looking at Lucas, who was shocked at what had just happened.

"How do you know that was going to happen!" Lucas yelled, pointing his wand at me like he figured something out.

"Because that's what that species does, dipshit," I said. the barrier around dropped, and the worm raised up from underground.

It started to charge a large blast from its circular mouth. I looked back to Caera, as last time she knew what to do. She casted the fire barrier, but Oilver had taken a couple steps back when the worm had come up from underground. This caused him to be just out of reach of the barrier, causing him to get caught in the blast.

One the blast dispersed, we all saw Oliver's skeleton, nothing there showing any proof that Oliver existed other than his skeleton and wand. Samanatha seemed to be the only one overly scared about his dead skeleton.

I walked over to Oliver's wand and grabbed the crystal on it. I threw it over to Samantha ''Use this one, It's stronger than your current one,"

The worm was still above ground, I saw that Brald wanted to deal with this as quickly as possible, his sword was coated in fire mana. Kroil and Reginald were also preparing to attack the worm.

I looked over to Caera and Jasmine, they seemed to understand what Brald, Kroil and Reginald wanted to do. Caera had her sword read and Jasmine was augmenting her entire body with wind.

Samantha was still shaken up from Oliver's death, while Lucas was clicking his tongue in annoyance. Ni-Elijah was chanting an earth spell under his breath.

I moved first, rushing at the worm. It saw me coming and was going to burrow down, but Elijah launched three large earth spikes at it. The worm launched a small fire blast at the earth spikes, dispersing them.

It gave me enough time to be right in front of the beast, I plunged my sword into the side of it, causing blood to be released from the wound. I felt Reginald coming from behind me, him smashing his giant hammer yelling "Impact blast!"