Chapter 68

Arthur Leywin:

After we returned from shopping there was a letter on the front steps of the helstea estate. It had the crest of the elven royal family which caused Vincent to faint. On the letter it was address to Caera and I. Caera seemed to be confused as to why we were getting a letter from the elven royal family.

Bringing it to the living room I took out a knife and cut off the top, allowing me access to the contents of the letter.

"Dear, Leywins and Caera,

The elven royal family, the Eralith, would like to invite you to be their guests at their palace tomorrow. They wish to discuss recent events and to work things out.

From, Alduin Eralith"

As I read the letter out the people of the room all looked at me and Caera suspiciously, mom was giving us a death stare while dad was just looking at us oblivious, most likely confused at the letter. "Caera, you told us you were suspended for punching someone, not that you punched THE PRINCESS OF THE ELVES!" Mom yelled, a purple aura appearing behind her while Caera squirmed under her gaze. I tried to hold back a laugh as I watched Caera try and save herself from my mother.

"I may have left out a few key details," Caera muttered, while trying to avoid all eye contact with my mother. It was really hard to not burst out laughing, but I feel if I do I'll be yelled at by both of them and join Caera in her punishment.

"Caera, you better go and apologise to the Eraliths for your actions. What if they don't forgive you? They could have you killed. Do you know what kind of position you've put yourself in?" Mom said, stressing out at what could happen.

"Mom, everything will be fine," I said, trying to calm mom down, hoping she won't die from stress. "No Arthur, everything won't be alright! Caera assaulted a royal! Do you know the punishment for that? For all I know our entire family could be erased off the continent!" Mom yelled at me, making me subconsciously start to twiddle my fingers. While I may know the Eraliths won't have us killed, they don't, meaning I had just placed myself at the full fury of my mother.

"No, that's not what I meant, I just mean that I am close with the Eraliths, I don't think they'll kill us," I said, hoping that'll calm my mothers rage down and allows us to not be killed by her inferno-like rage.

"Both of you go to your rooms, you need to rest to meet the Eraliths tomorrow and if you two are disrespectful I'll have you hung by a stick!" Mom yelled, both of us jumping up and running towards our room while the others laughed at the sight in front of them.

-

The next day once Caera and I had awoken mother made sure that we were properly prepared to go meet the Eraliths. She had us dress up in nice casual wear and continuously told us that we need to be well mannered and respectful to them and to not make fools of ourselves. The fools part was directed at me.

"Alright, since all of us are going, I hope that you are all well behaved and that none of you do anything to upset the Eraliths. If you do you could doom all of us," Mom said, looking over at Dad, Ellie, Caera and I. We all gave her a nod while she just let out a sigh.

We heard a knock at the door, I opened it to see a maid of the Eralith family. She was a young elf in a maid dress. There was nothing really about her to make her stick out, she just seemed basic. "I was sent here my the Eralith to bring the Leywins and Caera to the Elven palace to meet with the Eralith," She said, her voice was just soft nothing else. I gave her a nod and she started to lead us to a teleportation gate to bring us to the elven royal palace.

Once we had reached the queue to get through the teleportation gate she started to lead us past the line, getting us some unhappy noises from the others who had to wait in line. While walking past a man came up to us, he had short brown hair and black eyes. There was a scar going across his eye most likely received from a problem in the Beast-Glades. The most noticeable thing about the man was the golden tooth he had.