Chapter 20

Caera:

As Arthur killed the boss, the Fire Tornadoes dispersed. I looked over to where Arthur was standing and saw his odd white hair revert to its auburn color with the wheat-blond streaks. His eris that had turned purple had returned to its original blue color.

He then went over to the Inferno Queen and dug out the beast core that resided in her sturdum. He seemed to be examining the core and he soon had a large grin on his face.

"Oi, brat, what was that?" Adam yelled, running over to Arthur and placing his hands on his shoulders, and started to shake him.

"I used my beast will," Arthur said, shrugging off Adam's hands and looked at him as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"What rank of beast will do you have?" Adam asked, still looking at Arthur as if he had done something incredible.

"Nothing important," Arthur said, patting his shoulder. "Oh, and I'm keeping these two beast cores," Arthur smiled, showing the Bosses beast core and one of the AA rank Inferno Pixie core.

"What! They're worth a lot, why would you keep them!" Adam yelled, pointing his finger at Arthur, who just stuck his tongue out. "Little brat," Adam mumbled, while walking away from Arthur, grumbling.

We soon left the dungeon. Arthur seemed to be avoiding me every time I tried to approach him. Once exited we split up the loot we got from the dungeon, with Arthur keeping the two cores he had brought up earlier as the only things he wanted. After that we bid the Twin Horns goodbye and went our own way. It was only a bit past midday as we had entered the dungeon early so we still had time to go somewhere.

We soon made our way to an open spot in the large forest of the Beast Glades. We set up camp and started a fire and started to make food.

"Caera," Arthur said, keeping his head down, avoiding all eye contact with me, as if seeing me was a plague. "Take this and absorb everything in the core," He said, placing the S rank Inferno Queen core in front of me.

"What! No I can't take this, you're the one who killed it, it should be you who absorbs the mana out of the core," I said, trying to give the core back to him, but he wouldn't take it.

"Just trust me, it'll be helpful in the future," He said, looking me in the eyes briefly, but turning away as quick as our eyes met.

"Fine," I mumbled. I wanted to cry, or even ask what was wrong with him. He was avoiding eye contact with me and it hurt. I felt like it shouldn't hurt this much, but it felt like I had taken a sword to the heart.

After that Arthur and Jasmine had gone to sleep, while I went on a small walk, not being able to sleep after what had happened today. I walked around the forest till I found a small pond. The pond was shining in the moon lit sky. It reflects the moon making it look like it had been lit up by lights.

I sat down and rested beside the pond and started to think of today.

'My Vritra horns had grown, Arthur had given me this beast core, and Arthur had kissed me.' I thought, placing my fingers on my lips. 'But why is he now avoiding me? Did I do something wrong? Is it my fault he's acting weird?' I Thought, each time thinking of another reason, making me want to burst into tears even more.

I started to curl up into a ball and let my bottled up emotions flow out. Even though I've been acting like I enjoy here In Dicathen, I miss my brother and Scythe Seris. I know they're alive, but I can't see them because of me being here in Dicathen.

I cried for hours, I don't know why but most of the time my thoughts would drift to Arthur and I would cry even more. I don't know why but him ignoring me and not looking at me hurt, it just hurt. There was no real explanation other than it had just hurt.