Chapter 86

—————————————————————————————————————-

Hello! I'm back? Not sure why I am doing this. But here is chapter 86, a chapter that has almost taken a year for it to come out. Not sure if "Two Futures Bound" will continue after this chapter but I just thought I might as well write a chapter for those (Most likely no one) who have missed this derailed train. Anyway here is the end of chapter 85 as most of you have probably already forgotten this story even exists and or what happened in the last chapter. (P.S My already mediocre writing skills are rusty as I haven't done shit in writing since the last chapter sooooooooooooo)

I came back to this five minutes after writing this, I'm writing this chapter to surprise Iron as he isn't expecting another chapter from me ever again. LOL.

—————————————————————————————————————

"Get your ass off the floor and get moving!" Regis yelled, standing in front of the beast. Snapping out of my fear, I let go of Caera and we got off the ground taking off running.

Looking back, I saw the black flames disappear into the green orb instead of the monster's chest. It was almost as if it absorbed the flames of destruction. I watched as it started to get bigger now easily being above 20ft.

"Oh shit! That's a problem!" Regis yelled, turning around and running behind us.

We ran through the city, going from alley to alley while trying to avoid the monster that was now Hovering after us.

We soon made it to a large clearing in the city, looking around for another place to run. There, in front of us, was another monster. Nearly identical to the one already chasing us except this one was smaller, less intimidating but probably no less dangerous. I tried to look for another avenue to escape, but when I looked in a different direction I saw another coming towards us. Even when I turned around there was one waiting for us. Looking another way we saw another one and it was the same in the other direction.

The original one had caught up with us by this point, leaving us surrounded.

"Well, this is a problem."

—————————————————————————————————————

ARTHUR LEYWIN

"Well, this is a problem," Regis muttered. My eyes were darting around the area; any way of escape seemed to have been blocked off. These monsters had us surrounded, blocking our way out.

They grew closer, shrinking the distance Vines spread out of their arms as they slowly moved towards us, like snakes moving across the ground, making their way towards their prey.

Drawing Dawn from her sheath. Her aetheric purple blade shone in the dim sky. The monsters staggered, their wooden vines stopping in their tracks. The hilt of Dawn seemed to heat up for a short second before cooling off. Almost as if it never happened.

The monsters snapped out of their stagger, and the large wooden vines continued to move towards us.Their eyes seemed to brighten slightly.

Letting out a small breath, I reached down into my mana core, searching for one of the last links that connected me to my grandmother. I pulled the feathery feeling in my core as my body heated up. The world around me became clearer with millions of little mana particles circling me, like an incomplete rainbow.

Large quantities of light green particles wind mana— were flying around the area. Much like the green particles, little red particles that moved like an open flame—fire mana—, little blue particles that moved like waves, ripples wherever they were interrupted —water mana—, and the abundance of earth particles floating that stuck to the ground like an outer layer. All four of these elements surrounded the city, lighting it up in a way only I could see.