Chapter 80

Arthur Leywin:

Walking into the small wooden shop that looked like it was built to blend in. There sitting at a counter with her feet up on a counter with an aloof expression was a woman in her late twenties with red hair cut at her shoulders. She had silver eyes and common clothes on, suggesting she was poor but I doubt that. She had quite a small build and didn't seem all that strong, she looked even weaker than I did when Sylvie gave me her body. If I had to describe her in one word, it would be tomboy. She then slammed her fist on the table. "Why can't he see I'm a perfect fit! Much better than that girl!"

"Umm, maybe we came at a bad time," I whispered to Caera as she gave me a small nod in agreement. We slowly started to turn around, preparing to leave the shop.

"Oh! Customers! When did you two get here?" The tomboy asked, as we froze up. We slowly turned back around to see that the tomboy was giving us a large smile as she rested her hands against her hips as she smiled at us.

"Uh, we just arrived, we were looking around the shop to find anything of value," I responded, taking a quick gaze around the area to see if there was anything of value that was here.

"Well then you came to the right place. My store is the best there is out of the entire black market!" The tomboy said, a large smile on her face showing perfect white teeth.

"Yeah, sure. We came here for a couple things other than just some items," I said, walking up to the table where she was behind while she sat down on a chair behind her.

"Oh, and what is that?" She asked, her voice not as charming and nice as it was a couple seconds ago. "We came here for some information and a couple other things. Word is that you specialize in getting information," I explained, my voice returning to how it was when I was a king.

Caera had walked up beside me as Regis stood at the door with Sylvie on his head. Not allowing anyone entry to the shop.

"Are you four going to rob me?" she asked, not really sounding worried or anything. Not hearing any fear in her voice I decided to check her core. Much to my surprise she was around mid silver. While I don't think we couldn't take her on as of right now. It would be a difficult battle if Regis didn't join.

"No, we are here for another reason that does not involve violence," I said, placing my hands down on the table in front of me.

"Sorry, I don't do business with faceless people. Take off your hoods or you could beat it," She said, not really paying much attention to us as she started to play with a small knife that she had pulled from a dimension ring.

Letting out a small sigh I looked over towards Caera and gave her a slight nod before we both removed our hoods. She watched us as we did that, giving us a surprised look when she saw us.

"You two are quite young to be in an area like this. Shouldn't you two be with your parents?" She teased, standing up from her chain as she crossed her arms across her chest.

"Please, we aren't here for you to throw small insults at us. We are here for information and to make a proposal," I said, looking at her as she turned around and started to ignore us and look through her stuff.

"Sorry, don't make deals without the names of the others and if they are nobles. So please leave," She said, rummaging through her stuff behind her, as if she was looking for something.

"We aren't nobles, our names are Arthur and Caera," I said, getting annoyed at her attitude as she finally turned around and looked at us.

She reached out and grabbed one of the strands of my hair in front of my face. "You look like nobles with this nice soft hair!" She argued. I reached up and grabbed her wrist and removed her hands off my hair giving her a sharp glare at her actions.