Day 2...end

Am I posting two chapters? Yes.
Why? Because I wanna finish day 2 already. I'll make a new chapter for the DV!AU tomorrow.

3rd POV
They had arrived at Clotted Cream's chambers, "Thank you kindly Gingerbrave." Espresso spoke. "No problem! Just ask and I'll help out here if you want!" Gingerbrave remarked with a smile, they bid each other farewell until Gingerbrave left....

"Does Gingerbrave feel...odd to you?" Madeleine asks Espresso. "Hmm? Whatever do you mean?" Espresso asks, although the knight is a bit self-absorbing, he can be perceptive when he needs to be, as he is a Paladin after all. "The Light seems to...resonate with him somehow." Madeleine remarked, Espresso paused...he knew that 'Light Magic' was somewhat powerful, and to hear that from Madeleine might be disturbing to say the least...especially since Gingerbrave has no prior knowledge to magic or light magic. "We'll look into that later." Espresso suggested. "I guess so..." Madeleine spoke, for the first time unsure, when he first arrived Gingerbrave felt....different to him...he could feel the presence from the Airship's dock and it was...

Unfamiliar to him...

"Madeleine Cookie, Espresso Cookie! I have been expecting you! It is a great honor to finally meet the great heroes of our Republic! I am sure, everyone cannot wait to hear your story back home!" Clotted Cream welcomed. "Well met!  ...And who is that? I sense... the Light of the Divine!" Madeleine remarked, that's twice today. "My name is Financier Cookie. I heard a lot about you, Ser Madeleine Cookie. They call you the "Pride of the Paladin Academy." Financier replied. "Financier Cookie is our Republic's most promising Paladin. She was granted the honor of... serving as my personal guardian." Clotted Cream spoke, a slight hint of spite as he says he can defend himself quite nicely. "You are too kind, sir. I only do my duty as per the Light's command." Financier spoke, sounds like she didn't take much complements in her age. "Huh... really...? Graced by the Light as much as I, I see!" Madeleine remarked, faltering in his confidence a bit. "Ha ha ha! I'm glad to have another great Paladin in our ranks! The more, the merrier! You may approach me with any questions or concerns! I always enjoy sharing my experience!" He spoke regaining confidence, guess he wasn't used to the world not revolving around him just yet. "...Of course, Ser Madeleine Cookie. It would be an honor." Financier spoke, obviously not wanting said advice. "I heard about your quest. Albeit, my knowledge is rather limited." Clotted Cream spoke, beginning the subject. "Our quest entailed the search for Soul Jam that once belonged to the Ancient Heroes." Espresso Cookie begun explaining. "I have met those Ancient Heroes. Am I correct to assume it is the gemstones embedded in their weapons?" Clotted Cream asks. "Correct. Each of the Five Ancient Heroes carries an ancient treasure, the Soul Jam. This Soul Jam grants them power unheard of. They do not age and are almost immune to crumbling." Espresso explains further. " How interesting. That must be the reason they are still fresh and crunchy. I must begin my own investigation. Tomorrow is going to be an important day." Clotted Cream spoke dismissing the two. "While we're at the subject, the Consul has assigned you another mission." Financier stopped the pair, as Clotted Cream went over to a desk to prepare himself for tomorrow. "He wants you to investigate the individual known as 'Gingerbrave' we believe there's something more to that cookie than meets the eye." Madeleine and Espresso's eyes widened at that, first Madeleine's senses now this? They nodded and left the chambers to find the inn nearby. "Has Gingerbrave gotten himself into dangerous power?" Madeleine asks concerned, as much as he isn't used to the world not revolving around him, he is getting better at that, still his confidence never falters. "I hope not...let us hope it is just a misunderstanding..." Espresso replied, Gingerbrave was a kind soul, who really would do anything for the world...if he was handling with something dangerous then...he was the one in danger...

Meanwhile at the Crow's Nest Inn

"Whoah! Look at the time! What a busy day! Time to go back to Crow's Nest! I need a good nap in a soft bed!" He remarked as he went inside the inn. He greeted Dusk Raisin Cookie and went inside the room, he lied down on the comfortable bed and let himself wallow in all the work he's done. "Working hard I see." GingerCandy remarked as they chuckled, Gingerbrave chuckled back. "Why is politics so hard?" Gingerbrave remarked, faceplanting himself on the bed.

"So...did you tell them?" GingerCandy asks. Gingerbrave sighs sadly. "Yeah...few days earlier GingerPeach sent out Ginger Cookies to Hollyberry and Pure Vanilla...I'm not sure if they took it well." Gingerbrave wonders...of course he knew what he was asking...they were wondering if Gingerbrave had told Pure Vanilla and Hollyberry that he was dead...and GingerPeach did...he wasn't sure what happened though...

I mean...they seem to be quite...lively in the Council...right?

...

"I hope they're okay..." GingerCandy spoke out in concern. "I hope they won't let this loss get the better of them...I hope that...they're getting the help they need." GingerCandy worded out as Gingerbrave fell fast asleep "We never thought that...we'd lose one another...especially with the Soul Jam...but now...us Ancient Heroes have lost two of their friends...me and Lily..." He spoke solemnly. "In the Solarium of Unity we spoke, in their we pledged...and yet from right under our noses the darkness plunged from beneath..."

"I tried to help them...I really did but..."

"What choice did I have?"

"⎎⍜⍜⌰! '⌰⌰ ☍⟟⌰⌰ ⎍⌇ ⏃⌰⌰!"

"⌇⏁! '⍀⟒ ⎅⍀⏃⟟⋏⟟⋏☌ ⟟⏁' ⌰⟟⎎⟒ ⟒⌇⌇⟒⋏☊⟒!"

"⌿⎍⍀⟒ ⎐⏃⋏⟟⌰⌰⏃...⎅⍜⋏'..."

"⎍⌇⟒ ⋔⟟⋏⟒! ⟟⏁' ⍀⟒ ⏁⊑⏃⋏ ⟒⋏⎍☌⊑!"

" ☊⏃⋏' ⎅⍜ ⏁⊑⏃⏁! ⟟⏁'⌰⌰ ☍⟟⌰⌰ !"

" ⟟⏁ ⍙⍜', ⏁⍀⎍⌇⏁ ⋔⟒!"

"⏁⊑⏃⏁ ⌇⌿⟒⌰⌰ ☊⏃⌇⏁ ⟟⌰⌰ ⌰⟒⏃⎐⟒ ⎍⌇ ⊑⟟⌇⏁⍀⊬! ⋏⟒ ⟟⌰⌰ ⏚⟒ ⌰⟒⎎⏁ ⎅⟒⎎⟒⋏⎅ ⟒⏃⍀⏁⊑⏚⍀⟒⏃⎅ ⏃⋏⎅ ⎍⍀ ☍⟟⋏☌⎅⍜⋔⌇!"

" ☊⏃⋏⋏⍜⏁ ⎅⍜ ⏁⊑⏃⏁ ☌⟟⋏☌⟒⍀☊⏃⋏⎅⊬...'⍀⟒ ⏃⌰⌰ ⍜⍜ ⎐⏃⌰⎍⏃⏚⌰⟒ ⍀⟟⌇☍..."

"..."

"⊑⟒⋏ '⌰⌰ ⎅⍜ ⋔⊬⟒⌰⎎"

"☌⟟⋏☌⟒⍀☊⏃⋏⎅⊬ !"

"I am sorry my dear friends..."

"But GingerCandy...is no more..."