Chapter 10 Kinn again Porsche [+18]

Vegas's Point of view :

It's past 10 p.m. when I get home from the secondary family. The meeting was a real disaster, too full of tension and misunderstanding but at least I managed to get everything I wanted from my Uncle Korn and that's the most important thing. One more thing, I threw in Tankhun's face the bill he made at my bar last night and gave him twelve hours to pay, otherwise I'm not going to be nice to him any longer.

My personal driver stopped in the main driveway in front of my house.

- Sir, we have arrived.

I get out of the car thanking him and start moving to get inside my house. I'm surrounded by my main bodyguards, at least until I tell them to leave. After all I don't need to be on heightened surveillance. I'm still safe at home...even though my dad is around.

I climb the stairs to my left to direct me to his private apartments. The rule is as follows: at each end of my mission I must go to see him to make a report. If he is satisfied with what I have accomplished in his name, he will not beat me, but if he judges that I have not devoted myself enough to my task, I fear that my back, already badly scarred by whip, don't have a bad time.

My head in my thoughts, I crash into someone on the stairs, almost knocking him down. I apologize immediately and smile as soon as I recognize the servant this morning, who had offered to take care of macau in my absence.

- Ah! it's you! Sorry for persecuting you!

She bows to me and hastens to say:

- It's nothing sir! I...I just got back from your brother's room, Mr. Macau is better. He's not in danger even though...your...father almost caused him some hemorrhage...

My face twists into an angry expression. The servant takes a step back, afraid that it is because of her that I have this face.

- This asshole...deserves to die in excruciating pain...Don't worry, aunty, I'm not angry because of you. On the contrary, you have been of great help today. thank you for Macau. Go rest. I'm going to see my father. See you later?

She nods, stunned, and almost runs down the stairs, leaving me alone with myself and my cumbersome mission to see Dad again. I take a deep breath before starting the last leg of my journey to reach my destination. I meet some bodyguards who greet me respectfully before continuing on their way.

The time to get to my father's apartment seems like an eternity. It's like the gods are directing me straight to my death. A deep anguish begins to materialize in the pit of my stomach as soon as I knock on my father's door. I hear his cold, icy voice say curtly:

- Who is here?

- It's me, Vegas.

He allows me to enter and that's what I do immediately. A smell of cigarettes reaches my nostrils and I try to ignore it. He is sitting on his sofa, a bathrobe on his back. He doesn't look like he's wearing anything underneath. His brown hair is wet, suggesting he just got out of the shower. Hopefully that put him in some good mood.

- Good evening dad.

I bow quickly to my father, who seems pleased to see me do this. Let him not imagine that I respect him. I hate him with all my soul but my intelligence guides me and for my survival I must make him believe that I am completely devoted to him.

- So how did it go?

It is with satisfaction in my voice that I answer him, sitting down opposite him:

- Uncle Korn is a bit stubborn but I managed to convince him of everything you wanted from him. I got some irritating remarks from Kinn but I ignored them. He thought that we could handle the business of Chinese gangs smuggling human flesh on our territory of influence on our own, but he laughed less when I told him that certain mafia gangs had planned to attack his business. Uncle Korn immediately agreed to give us some of his men so that we could solve the problem. He will select them personally and send us the list of names early in the morning tomorrow.