Chapter 57: Careful investigation

A few days later

Kinn

- ...We have a great chance to discover, soon, the identity of the Tiger's Oeil.

Porsche is giving a press conference on its investigations with Vegas. They are both standing in front of Uncle Gun, Dad. Kim has been standing for 3 days. He did not sleep because of the tensions with Chay, so he stays behind to rest.

- Vegas and I spent hours coding to bypass all the security of the Darknet. It wasn't easy, we had to fight like crazy to get to the results we had...

Pete sat next to me and I put my hand on his thigh to caress her. He doesn't look at Vegas, preferring to take notes.

-... John Semsen communicated with the Tiger's Oeil with a rather particular language. They reversed the letters of each word... it took us a long time to understand the meaning of their conversation and now that it's done, here are the messages they sent each other.

Porsche gives us everyone a file that I hasten to open. I read briefly before focusing my gaze on Vegas.

- The Tiger's Owl is a very intelligent and absolutely strategic person. He knows everything about us, from our schedules, to our ways of acting and being. It seems that he knows us as if he were at the very heart of the strategies of our family... but also of our collaborators. He knew all the details of the schedule of our representatives to the Guadeloupean and Icelandic mafia. We have not found any link between John Semsen and the traitor of the main house... we think it is the Tiger's eye that serves as an intermediary between everyone, in case we manage to capture one of the components of his astronomical canvas.

Porsche takes a brilliant look at Vegas before smiling at him.

- We did a very good job but we still have a lot to do. Fortunately, we are very efficient and rich in ideas.

Vegas makes a forced smile. It looks like Porsche put his hand on his back. No one seems to notice it.

- Y... Yes...hum...we thought of searching the off-shore bank accounts, which Semsen owned, under a false identity...

Porsche is making a new paper distribution, a summary table that summarizes the bank statements and transactions of this account.

- On it, you can see that a name comes up very often, that of a certain Tim Lightwood. We are looking for Thai intelligence and our allies to find out who is behind this name. At the moment, no concrete results but we do not lose hope of getting there.

Uncle Gun seems very closed in on himself but concentrated. He takes a few notes and remains silent.

- Do you think this Tim Lightwood is related to the Tiger's Ear?

- Yes. We even think that this Tim Lightwood is one of the identities of the Tiger's Ear. We will dig as deep as we can to dig up the truth, Uncle.

I take a look at Dad, who seems very happy.

- In four days, you have made a lot of progress. I am very proud of you!

Porsche and Vegas exchange a complicit look.

- As soon as we get home, we will get back to work.

- Well, you can take a seat in your chair. Pete? Would you like to tell us a little about your research to you and Big?

It should be noted that Big is not present in the room for the simple reason that we exclude him from everything that is confidential. We assigned him to Kim's guard, to unload Ken and let him rest a little. Pete therefore finds himself alone in giving us the results of their research.