Chapter 91: Syndrome and Negociation

Warning :

At this point in the story, it is necessary to clarify that Pete developed Stockholm syndrome, a psychological phenomenon where a person taken hostage/kidnapped develops feelings of sympathy, empathy and even affection towards their captor. . This syndrome is often attributed to some sort of psychological defense mechanism where victims seek to rationalize or adapt to their traumatic situation by developing positive feelings towards those who keep them captive.

Also for Vegas, who has Lima syndrome. It is a lesser known concept than Stockholm syndrome, but it describes a reversed situation where the jailer develops feelings towards their prisoner, as opposed to the hostage developing feelings towards their captor, as in Stockholm syndrome.

In Lima syndrome, the captor feels empathy, a brotherly/loving relationship towards his prisoner. Unlike Stockholm syndrome where the hostage may develop a sort of sympathy towards the kidnapper to survive the traumatic situation, in Lima syndrome it is the kidnapper who has positive feelings towards his hostage.

This phenomenon can manifest itself as respect and affection.

The fact that Pete and Vegas suffer from opposite syndromes makes their story soften a little and balance a little more in the configuration of a couple.However, you will quickly notice that things are not yet completely perfect between them, given that they do not realize the syndromes they suffer from.

------------------

Pete

As the days pass since I learned the terrible news of the presumed disappearance of Porsche and Kinn, I have been plunged into a whirlwind of heartbreaking emotions. Every moment is like a test, every thought tormented by the specter of their absence.

At first, it was shock, denial. I refused to believe that Porsche and Kinn could be dead. It was impossible. They couldn't just disappear like that, without a trace. But as the days pass and the absence of news becomes more and more burdensome, I am forced to face the harsh reality.

The pain is throbbing, unbearable. Every memory, every moment spent with them becomes torture. I feel torn from the inside, trapped in an emotional whirlwind that I can't see an end to. I'm trying to make sense of it all, to understand why they were taken, why they were killed. But the answers don't come, and the pain only intensifies.

Grieving is a long, painful process. I go through all the stages, from sadness to anger, from acceptance to resignation. I constantly remember the happy moments we shared, seeking comfort in the memories of their love, their friendship.

But deep inside me, there is always this gaping void, this absence that cannot be filled. I know that I will never be able to forget them, that their memory will remain engraved in me forever. And even though it hurts, even though every day is a challenge, I find the strength to continue, to survive.

Mourning Porsche and Kinn does not mean forgetting them. It simply means finding a way to live with their absence, to continue moving forward despite everything. It's a lonely, painful journey, but it's also a journey that allows me to grow, to become stronger.

And even though I don't know what the future holds, I know that I will find a way to cope with it all. For Porsche, for Kinn, for myself. Because they may no longer be here physically, but their memory lives on in me, and that will never change.

Indeed, Vegas has become a crucial pillar in this difficult period. Despite our past differences, despite the torments that separated us, he is there for me. His presence, his unconditional support, are so many lifelines in the tumultuous ocean of my pain.