Chapter 92: Love and comfort

Neutral POV

The atmosphere in the house becomes more and more oppressive. Tensions are palpable, and some sort of underlying chaos always seems ready to erupt. Gun finds himself more and more overwhelmed by events. The influence of Tiger, his ruthless alter ego, is increasingly felt. Outbursts of anger became commonplace, turning the house into a powder keg ready to explode at any moment.

Gun is consumed with worry and frustration. The lack of news from Macau torments him. Each attempt at locating it fails, reinforcing his belief that Korn is behind this disappearance. This idea only fuels his rage. Suspicion and paranoia consume him, and the frustration of no longer being able to control the situation pushes him into uncontrollable outbursts of anger.

- Fucking shit bodyguards.

Tiger/Gun punches the wall of his office. The bodyguards standing near him jump and look down.

- They are not capable of obeying a single order... I told them to keep Macau in Canada until further notice and it was enough for Korn to say something for them to obey him without my agreement ...

The bodyguards listen attentively to their boss's complaints but will quickly face a crisis. Without warning anyone, Tiger/Gun screams in rage, hits objects, overturns furniture, everything to release a tiny part of his fury. But that is never enough. Rage eats him from the inside.

Macau is with Korn, Tiger/Gun knows it. He realizes that his plan to hide Macau and Vegas is ruined. He cannot accept this. Tiger/Gun needs to vent, to direct his anger somewhere, on someone.

Pete will be his victim. It was because of him that he made the decision to hide Macau and Vegas, ensuring that Korn could not use his children as leverage for pressure and information.

Leaving his office, Gun paces the corridors with icy determination. His footsteps are heavy, resounding through the house like war drums. Every servant he passes looks down, terrified by the aura of violence emanating from him. He ends up stopping one to ask:

- Where's Pete?

- With...Boss Vegas, sir. They are in the living room.

Without saying anything, Tiger/Gun heads towards the ground floor of the house. His thoughts are chaotic, a whirlwind of resentment and desire for control. He needs to let off steam, to release this destructive energy that is consuming him from the inside.

As he approaches the living room, he can already feel the adrenaline rush, the anticipation of the act of domination that will temporarily relieve him of his inner demons.Vegas and Pete are sitting on the floor, surrounded by scattered board games. A joyful complicity emanates from their laughter and their smiles, contrasting violently with the tense atmosphere of the house. Vegas, feeling closer and closer to Pete, smiles widely as he places a winning card on the board.

- You can't always win, Pete!

Pete replies smiling:

- We'll see, maybe I'm letting you win...

Their bursts of laughter echo through the room, a bubble of happiness in an otherwise gloomy environment. It is in these moments of simplicity and play that Vegas forgets the pressures and responsibilities that weigh on his shoulders. Pete, for his part, finds in these moments a refuge from the brutal reality of their situation.

Suddenly, Tiger/Gun appears, breaking their bubble of serenity. Features distorted by rage, Tiger/Gun's eyes burn with unquenchable anger. He stares at Pete with an intensity that makes Vegas shiver. Pete, sensing danger, immediately tenses, his smile disappearing. He immediately steps back, fearful. Vegas instinctively stands up, placing his body between Gun and Pete, ready to protect the one he loves from his father's fury. Vegas asks, his voice tinged with worry but firm.