Chapter 72: the war is approaching

Three days later

Neutral POV

Korn stares at Gun with a perplexed look. The news was not good, it was obvious. He wonders how a track as promising as the Macau apartment could have led to an impasse, and the death of the traitor potential that revolved further complicates things. Despite the urgency of the situation, Korn remains calm, trying to hide any frustration.

- Well... it looks like our luck has played us a trick. Macau's apartments were empty, and now the traitor is out of the game. It complicates things, but we can't afford to lose our composure. We will have to re-evaluate our approach to identify the Tiger's Eyes.

Gun nods, sharing the feeling of frustration. He knows that Nope, his faithful body guard, is responsible for this but he will not mention it. What he wants is to drive Korn crazy and adopts a whole strategy for.

- I didn't expect it to turn out this way. Perhaps we could revisit our sources, see if there has been misinterpreted or missing information. And as for the traitor, we should dig to understand if it is a coincidence or a deliberate act...

Korn thinks for a moment. Tensions with Gun have increased but he knows that he must not cause more. He suspects something unhealthy at home but will not say it directly.

- You're right. We need more information before deciding on the next move. We can't afford to make mistakes. I will see if I can get in touch with our local contacts for additional details. Stay on your guard, Gun. We don't know what we are dealing with, but we must resolve this case as soon as possible.

Gun seems surprised by this considerate attitude. Usually, Korn never misses an opportunity to reproach him and he will venture in a very risky direction for him and his relationship with his older brother.

- Don't you blame me?

- Why? Do you have anything to blame yourself for? Do you want me to accuse you of murder or being an ally of the Tiger's Eyes?

Korn casts a black look at Gun, new tensions are breaking out.

- You always want me to get angry with you and then you'll complain that I'm not the big brother of your dreams...

Korn bangs his fist on the table and shouts a little louder:

- Obviously I am a little frustrated that the investigations in your house have failed, despite the devotion that Pete, Porsche and Vegas put into it to have good results. But why should I be on my nerves all the time when you do a job, huh? You don't need this to know that if you don't provide full collaboration, the purge of the secondary family administration will start again!

Gun takes a dark air and does not let himself go in threats.

- And you, don't forget that if you do any harm to my employees, I will take the attention of the families of your employees' bodyguards and this in a risky way. Just like Vegas, Pete, Porsche, I do my best but you never seem to consider my work equal to that of others. In the end, you're like Dad.

Like a unhappy child, Gun leaves Korn's office. The tensions are so palpable that even the guards of the Chan and Ken body of the main house and Nope and June of the secondary family will not be able to reason with their superior.

The four bodyguards all separate, while Gun makes his way home, praying that Vegas did not go out. To be made up, he calls her.

- Vegas, I'm on my way home, are you there?

- Yes, Dad. I'm working on...

- Perfect, I hope you are ready to stay locked up at home for the next few days. We break all dialogue with the main family from now on.