Episode 10: Oscar goes green

Our episode opens up with sensei lecturing to the rangers. sensei then opens the Shiba family scroll and explains that according to the ancients when the three secret discs are brought together they will bring forth a divine beast known as the spirit eagle which was worshiped by the Shiba clan samurai during the days of the fateful war, followed by sensei assigning discs to each ranger: his nephew Kenji is given the tiger disc and Nigel is given the swordfish disc, all the while Oscar has his fingers crossed. sensei then assigns the disc to Sadie, which angers Oscar causing him to get upset and walk out of the room causing Ava to feel concerned for him. after that, we cut to the four rangers and sensei eating at Bulk's sushi spot while Ava talks to the rangers about how Oscar seemed more upset than usual and tells Sadie that maybe it had something to do with her getting the beetle disc, followed by sensei saying that Oscar is quite the troublemaker, always pulling pranks on everybody and not taking his samurai training seriously. we then cut to Oscar sitting on a bench in the local park feeling terrible about how the others don't understand him and thinking he's not worthy to wield the beetle disc. he then tells himself that they all abandoned him, just like his father. and speak of the devil, Oscar's father shows up in full biker gear and sits next to his son. Oscar's dad greets his son by telling him how much he's grown since he last saw him, however Oscar scoots away not wanting anything to do with his dad after he abandoned him and mom. Mr. Hernandez then apologizes to his son, telling him that was a long time ago and now he wants to be back in his life. Oscar then tells him to forget about it, before Ava contacts him and that there's a monster on the loose in downtown stone canyon. we then cut to the monster Desperaino summoning rain that makes people (including Bulk and Spike) feel all depressed and sad. Oscar then re-groups with the other rangers and jokingly asks why these depressed people all sound like Nigel (which of course offends him). Mr. Hernandez then arrives on the scene on his motorcycle and watches as Oscar and the other rangers morph, Oscar unknowingly revealing his secret identity to his dad who is in disbelief of the fact that his own son is a power ranger. Sadie and Nigel then pull out their chosen secret discs only for Desperaino to blast the disc out of Sadie's hand which is caught by Oscar who seizes the opportunity to prove himself to his comrades only for Nigel to scold him for being so reckless. Oscar then hears a familiar voice say "son?" and turns his head to see his father only to realize that he must've saw him morph. we then cut to the dojo where sensei scolds Oscar for not only acting so reckless as to steal Sadie's disc but also reveal his secret identity in front of a civilian. Oscar then tells sensei that wasn't just a civilian, he was Oscar's dad. the other rangers are in disbelief of this, and Oscar explains that he and his dad have a very uneasy relationship. Ava then hugs Oscar causing him to blush and she tells him that she feels so sorry for him. after that, we cut to Desperaino returning to Akuma palace to report to lord Ashura that he managed to create more human sadness with the storm he caused. Desperaino then shakes the water off him getting it all over Octomancer and Nocturna much to the dismay of both. lord Ashura is pleased by this news as the more miserable the humans are the closer he is to getting his body back followed by Nocturna telling Desperaino to get out of here as he's getting everything all wet. after that, we then cut to Oscar's dad working at his bike shop only for Oscar to show up and ask his dad why he left mom. Mr. Hernandez then places his hand on Oscar's shoulder and confesses to his son that back then he was hanging with a bad crowd, as evident by his long criminal history. he then tells Oscar that he never wanted to leave his wife and child and begs his son for forgiveness. the two kiss and make up, Mr. Hernandez going as far as to say he's proud of his son the power ranger, followed by Oscar telling his dad not to tell mom about his secret identity. Sensei arrives on a motorcycle of his own and it is revealed that Mason (Oscar's father) and sensei Nobu knew each other and were old biker buddies during their college years. Oscar is in disbelief of this and sensei tells Oscar to hop on and the two ride to a nearby forest. Oscar asks what he's doing here, and sensei explains to Oscar that being a samurai is about more than just swinging a sword around, it's also about learning to be one with the elemental power symbols. Oscar then tells sensei that the others get the cool elements like fire, water, sky, and earth and he gets stuck with lame forest. sensei then tells Oscar that it's not lame but unique, it's what makes Oscar special. sensei then tells Oscar to be strong and stand tall, like the trees that make up this here forest. Sadie then contacts Oscar and informs him that the monster is attacking again. we then back to the rangers being beaten badly by Desperaino (cue shinkenger episode 10 fight) before Oscar arrives and morphs to finish off the monster with a forest slash attack. the other rangers congratulate Oscar on his victory before Nocturna shows up to play her shamisen to make the monster grow (cue shinkenger episode 10 megazord fight). Sadie then gives the beetle disc to Oscar, telling him that he earned it. Kenji, Nigel, and Oscar then board their respective auxiliary zords which combine to form the legendary spirit eagle. the spirit eagle then finishes off the monster before we cut to the dojo where sensei wakes up after a nap and realizes that Oscar drew on his face while he was asleep. he then asks the rangers where Oscar is, and Sadie tells him that he told her he was going to Bulk's sushi spot. our episode then ends with Oscar and his dad doing some father-son bonding by eating together at Bulk's sushi spot.