Episode 13: Shell game

Our episode opens up with the rangers eating at Bulk's sushi spot before Bulk thanks the five for being the best customers he's ever had. the five appreciate Bulk's compliments, however Spike starts to become jealous of them. after the rangers leave and Bulk starts cleaning up shop, Bulk notices Spike sitting by the window and asks him what's wrong. Spike then asks Bulk if he likes them more than him, and Bulk places his hand on Spike's shoulder and tells him that he still loves him, however Spike retaliates by telling his uncle Bulk that he can keep Kenji and the others and that he's tired of serving people sushi and waiting tables and that he can keep those five and that he needs to find a new purpose in life before running out the door. after that, we cut to Akuma palace where Octomancer summons a monster for lord Ashura: Armordillo, a monster with an unbreakable shell. Deker then rolls his eyes at yet another one of his father's hairbrained plans and asks Nocturna to talk to him in private. after that, we cut to Spike wandering the streets of stone canyon searching for a new job until he sees Armordillo attacking the city until he turns his head to see the power rangers speeding on their samurai cycles and is in awe of how cool they are and starts daydreaming of being a hero just like them. we then cut to the rangers still trying to fight off the monster only to find out that their weapons have no effect on the monster's unbreakable shell, all the while Spike is recording the fight on his phone. Oscar and Ava notice Spike and rush to get him to safety while the rest deal with the monster. after the monster escapes the five rangers re-group and de-morph, only to notice that Spike was recording them the whole time. Spike then makes a run for it and the rangers give chase, not wanting their secret to get out. we then cut back to Akuma palace where Armordillo brags to lord Ashura about how the rangers were no match for his unbreakable shell. we then cut to Nocturna and Deker talking in private about how he wants her to join him in his plot to overthrow his father, however she must not tell anybody that she's in cahoots with him. the two shake on it before we cut to Spike rushing to Bulk's sushi spot only to be stopped by the monster who smashes Spike's phone causing him to lose the footage he just recorded only to be saved by Kenji and co. who tell Spike that he must promise not to tell their secret to anyone, however Spike holds up his busted cell phone and tells them that he no longer has any evidence so their secret's safe with him. they then get Spike to safety before the five confront the monster and morph, Spike watching and comes to the conclusion that his destiny is to be a samurai power ranger just like them. the rangers then fight the monster (cue Shinkenger episode 16 fight). the rangers manage to break the monster's shell with their elemental symbol powers before finishing off the monster with the fire smasher cannon mode with tiger power. Spike then cheers on the rangers who wave back to him only for Nocturna to show up and play her shamisen to make the monster grow. the rangers then summon their zords (cue shinkenger episode 16 megazord fight) and finish off the monster with each of their different megazord combinations. after that, we cut to Spike returning to Bulk's sushi spot and tells his uncle Bulk that he won't believe the crazy adventure he had today with the power rangers. Bulk then serves Spike some sushi and sits down and listens to Spike's story about how he met the power rangers, all the while Spike is drawing sketches of his idea for a gold ranger costume in his art book. after hearing Spike's story, Bulk tells Spike that he's glad to have him back and the two have a happy reunion before we cut to the rangers relaxing in the dojo only to hear a knock on the door and our episode ends with Spike at the ranger's doorstep begging for them to let him in.