Chapter 12: Battle... START!

Kazuma looked on to see that the qualifying participants were going to go up against each other. The match card revealed the matches to be as follows:

Kageyama Kazuma vs. Hitoshi Shinso
Izuku Midoriya vs. Hanta Sero
Mina Ashido vs. Shoto Todoroki
Fumikage Tokoyami vs. Momo Yaoyorozu
Ibara Shiozaki vs. Denki Kaminari
Tenya Iida vs. Mei Hatsume
Eijiro Kirishima vs. Tetsutetsu Tetsutetsu
Katsuki Bakugo vs. Ochaco Uraraka

Kageyama was thinking of a strategy to defeat his opponent, when Ojiro came to talk to him. He told that Shinso has some kind of a brainwash quirk, which would only work if Kazuma responded to him. Kazuma thanked his classmate for the heads up and went to his fight.
Present Mic started introducing the competitors.
"Introducing first, a student of my friend Aizawa here, he is kind, yet he is cruel, he shows leadership, yet he can follow too. Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome Kageyama KAZUMAAAAAA."
"And next, he is... wait, there's not much information about this guy, he is from the General Ed Course, Hiroshi SHIIIIINSOOO."
Midnight asked the two students if they were ready or not. Both of them nodded, thus, starting the match.
"Hey, so you're the one who filled in for that tailed idiot, huh? Poor guy just wanted to introduce himself. Too bad his name didn't matter because he was after all an idiot, A HUGE IDIOT."
Kazuma remained silent.
"By the way, why do you wear that eye patch? Fancy a drink matey? Ahoy. Sorry, but you're in the wrong show if you wanted to become a pirate."
Kazuma still remained silent and still.
"So, it seems like you figured out how my quirk works. But still, a guy like you could never defeat me. You're just another idiot who thinks they can do what they set their mind to."
Kazuma started walking towards Shinso slowly.
"I guess you are an idiot, oh much like that invisible girl in your class. She was going on about how she'd atleast make it to the final battle but she was a huge idiot for thinking so, wasn't she? Freakin Slut."
"SHUT UP!!!!!!!!!!" Kazuma yelled at Shinso.
Shinso smirked.
"Now turn around and walk out of the arena like the bitch you are."
Kazuma turned around and started walking away.
"Damnit, I warned him not to respond to him." Ojiro cursed as Kazuma kept walking towards the exit. He was a step away from the edge, everyone was in shock since Kageyama was about to be defeated without even putting up a fight. He pulled his left foot up, and hovered it over the edge as everyone looked in anticipation.
"...."
"Pfft. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
THAT WAS SOME FUNNY SHIT WASN'T IT?"
Kazuma was laughing as his foot came back and Kazuma turned around to face Shinso.
Shinso was staring at him in disbelief, it was pretty clearly heard that he responded.
"Y-You yelled at me when I insulted your friend, my quirk was supposed to work, HOW DID YOU POSSIBLY DO THAT?"
Kazuma gave a smile to Shinso as he reached his pocket. He pulled out a cassette player and pushed the play button.
"SHUT UP!!!!!!!!!!" Kazuma's voice repeated over on the tape as everyone realised what Kazuma had done.
"I-is that even allowed, Midnight?"
Midnight stared at the boy who had just pulled the unbelievably smart trick out of his pocket, quite literally if I may.
"Hmm... I'll allow it. This match will continue."
Shinso stared at Kazuma, who put the recorder down, and in an instant, was standing beside Shinso, facing the opposite direction as him and his arm around the boy's shoulder.
"Now then... what did I tell you about badmouthing my friends?"
Kazuma stared daggers at Shinso as he threw the purple haired boy out of the arena.
"Hitoshi Shinso is out of bounds. The winner of the match is Kageyama Kazuma."
Aizawa couldn't help but give a proud muffled giggle which Present Mic CLEARLY heard.
--------
The other battles were quite entertaining as well.
The match between Midoriya and Sero ended up in the favor of Midoriya as he used his quirk in such a way that only his right foot got injured while he was being spun around by Sero's tape. This made the green haired boy use the momentum he gained against Sero, thus, making him spin out of the bounds.
The battle between Ashido and Todoroki ended as quickly as it began, Todoroki sent a massive ice boulder, covering Mina in ice, making her immobilised. Thus, handing the victory to Shoto.
The match between Tokoyami and Momo was interesting, resulting in the victory of Tokoyami as Dark Shadow pushed her out of bounds.
The match between Ibara and Denki ended quickly too as Denki let out a charge of 1.3 million volts, only to see Ibara protecting herself using her hair, vines, whatever and Denki's brain being fried, thus, dropping his intelligence to a minimum as he walked around giving thumbs up to everyone, then being softly pushed out of bounds.
Iida vs Hatsume was basically a showcase opportunity for Hatsume as she demonstrated her inventions, or her babies, as she called them, while making Iida the scapegoat. Once she was done presenting, she simply walked out the the arena, providing the victory to Iida.
Kirishima vs Tetsutetsu was a very peculiar one since both had similar quirks, the match ended with a double knockout, but the winner was decided later on to be Kirishima as he defeated Tetsutetsu in an arm wrestling competition.
Bakugo vs Uraraka was... hard to watch. Uraraka tried many strategies to take down Bakugo, but none of them worked because of the blonde's amusing reflexes. At one point, people were booing Bakugo, saying that he was toying with the girl, but Kazuma pointed out that Bakugo wasn't playing with her, but instead being conscious of her movements and tricks, he was accepting the girl as an opponent. The match ended with Uraraka passing out due to exhaustion.
---------
Kazuma was standing in his waiting room, preparing for his fight against Midoriya, although Midoriya couldn't completely control his quirk, his quick thinking and tricks could be a problem, he was thinking of a strategy while looking at a picture of him with his friends at UA. Suddenly, the door opened, thinking it was Izuku, Kageyama turned around to greet his next opponent.
"Hey Izuku, ready for our mat..."
He froze at the sight in front of him. The nightmares, the cuts, the wounds, the constant injuries, it all came back to him as he somehow tried forming words.
"Wh-What are y-y-you d-doing here?"
In front of him stood a gingerhead boy, grinning at the UA student in front of him.
"It's been a while huh? Kazuma-kun?"
"Miyuki-san..."