Chapter 72: Dinner with the Todorokis

We see Kazuma standing in an endless void.

Kazuma: Hello?

Nothing but the echo of his voice fills the space.

Suddenly, he starts feeling warm. But it wasn’t warmth that could hurt, the warmth filled his body, he felt… strong. Focused. Determined.

Suddenly, the warmth started exiting his body and a small ball of white light started materializing in front of him. Kazuma extended his right hand to touch the ball, but the ball moved ahead. Seeing this, Kazuma took another step, but as soon as his foot was put down, he felt his energy sapped away. He felt dreadful. His throat went dry, he tried to breathe, but was now gasping for air.

As if this wasn’t enough, he suddenly felt a power so dark, so maniacal, so… terryfying, that he fell on his knees. He then fell on all fours as he started squirming, trying something to help himself.

Suddenly, he started feeling relieved once again. He looked around to see that the white light was glowing even brighter. On instinct, he turned around and saw two balls of darkness. One bleeding red, and one pitch black. He squinted his eyes and suddenly saw that there was a slight sky blue light present deep within the red ball. Kazuma could feel it. He could feel the blue light desperately trying to claw at the red light, trying to get out, Kazuma could hear the blue light’s desperate cries for help. The voice somewhat resembled a little boy. The voice felt dry, as if it had been crying and screaming for far too long.

On instinct, Kazuma started to run towards the red ball to help the boy, but he felt his hand being held by someone.

He turned around to see a woman. A beautiful woman with black hair tied into a ponytail. She was wearing something that could be guessed as a hero costume. Black sleevless skin-tight top, black pants and yellow gloves and boots. A white cape proudly flailed behind her.

???: He’s still in there. I can feel him. Please, don't give up on him. He can still be saved. Freed from the evil. Help him.

Kazuma looks back to see the white light in front of the red and black balls, almost as if it was facing against the two. Alone.

Kazuma opens his eyes and sat upright on the bed.

Kazuma: The fuck was that supposed to be?

He suddenly realizes that he wasn’t in his room, but a pink themed room.

He blinks once.

Twice.

Thrice.

His eyes widen and his face starts heating up, as he realizes that he had slept in Toru’s room last night.

He quickly looks at the clock. 7 A.M. This means Iida, along with probably Izuku would be awake right now, so if he were to run to his room as fast as he can, all they'd see is a flash of an extremely good-looking guy.

Kazuma: Alright. Let’s do this!

He gets up to leave as he sees Toru combing her hair. The boy saw her every day, but at that moment, he just froze. Toru notices that Kazuma was awake, as she puts down the comb.

Toru: Morning. Did you sleep well?

Kazuma was too stunned to speak.

Suddenly, Toru’s phone starts buzzing, as she picks it up. Kazuma snaps back to reality as he sees her talking to someone at 7 in the morning.

Kazuma: Hey. Who's calling you this early?

Toru ignores the boy as she keeps on talking to the person on the phone.