Chapter 35: HE is here!

Currently, in the hideout of the LoV, Shigaraki was watching the press conference of Aizawa, Vlad King and Nedzu apologising after all that happened recently at the UA.

Spinner: Once the heroes have to compensate for protecting people, they aren't heroes anymore. That is Stain's teaching.

Shigaraki: The strange system of transforming people's lives into money or glory... the society that sticks tight to those rules... the citizens who blame the loser, rather than encourage them... our fight is to question: What is a hero? What is justice? Is this society truly just? We'll have everyone thinking about it. Were planning on winning. You like winning too, don't you?

The two students were now glaring at Shigaraki.

Shigaraki: Dabi, Compress, release their restraints.

Compress: Shigaraki, that's madness.

Dabi: They're gonna fight, you know.

Shigaraki: It's fine. We need to treat them like equals, since we're gonna be scouting them. Besides, you can tell if you'll win or not if you fight 2 against us, don't you?

Dabi: Twice, you do it.

Twice: WHAT? No way!

Dabi: Do it.

Twice: Oh man!

Twice and Compress walk up to Bakugo and Kazuma as they start releasing the boys of their restraints.

Kurogiri: I apologize on the behalf of our Vanguard Action Squad for using such forceful methods. But please understand that we are not just a mob trying to commit crimes and we didn't kidnap you two by accident.

Shigaraki: Even though our situations differ, everyone here has been restricted and has suffered because of people... because of rules... and heroes... I'm sure you also-

As soon as the restraints came undone, Kazuma kneed Compress in the gut and sent his punch straight to his face. Bakugo kicks Twice and then hits Shigaraki with an explosion causing the hand on the man's face fall off.

Bakugo: I kept listening to you and your endless talking... Idiots can't get straight to the point, so they always talk for a long time.

Kazuma: I call dibs on the mask guy!

Bakugo: I wanna win like All Might, no matter what anyone says, that won't ever change.

Meanwhile, Aizawa, Vlad King and Nedzu were waiting for another question to be thrown at them one by one by the one of the reporters.

Reporter: You spoke about the safety of the students at UA, Eraserhead. During the incident, it seemed as if you urged them to engage in combat against the villains. What's your intention behind all of this?

Aizawa: During the incident, I came to the conclusion that since we were unable to fully get the situation under control, it had to be done in order to to avoid the worst outcome.

Reporter: You mean to say 26 student victims, and two kidnapped students isn't the worst outcome?

Aizawa: The "worst outcome" would have been that a student had died just because they were following the rules.

Nedzu: Most of the injuries were from a gas attack. We have concluded that it was a sleeping gas from one of the villains' quirks. Thanks to the quick response from two students of Class 1B, there were no serious injuries from the attack.

Reporter: You mean to say that it was a bright spot in the tragedy?

Nedzu: We believe that the worst outcome would have been the one that would infringe on the future.