Chapter 78: Shigaraki arrives

Back at the front lines, things were looking rather pretty bad for the heroes. The absence of Endeavor was making a rather huge impact on them, to make matters worse the Nomus had reached the front lines as well and Gigantomachia was merely minutes away from reaching there as well.

Aizawa had cut off his own leg, in attempt to keep the effects of the quirk cancelling bullet that TomurAFO had shot at him.

This led to Aizawa being distracted for the fraction of a second, but that was all the white haired villain needed as he activated air canon, making everything around him be blown away and he jumps towards Aizawa, hoping to take him out of the fight.

TomurAFO: This damn game is finally about to end!

Izuku instantly uses Blackwhip to hold the villain back, but the man manages to touch Aizawa with his fingers, as the very skin of Aizawa’s face decays away where the fingers had touched him.

He then tries to pin the villain down, but after another air canon, the villain stands tall and Izuku grabs Aizawa, taking him at a distance from TomurAFO.

TomrAFO:  What lies ahead after you protect him?  Even if you fight desperately to delay the inevitable, the only thing waiting for you, it's ruins.

Kazuma: Yeah, no. What's waiting for me is a hot bowl of Katsudon.

TomurAFO turns around to see a shadow gauntlet inches away from his face, as Kazuma punches the man in the face, and TomurAFO goes toppling to a distance.

Kazuma: How is he?!

Rock Lock looks to see Kazuma running towards them, but the boy sees the situation and an angry growl exits his mouth directed at TomurAFO.

Rock Lock starts to realize that the situation was not looking good for the heroes. The only way they could live to see another day, was to retreat and regroup.

Rock Lock: Deku… Retreat!

Izuku/Kazuma: No way!

TomurAFO decides to use his original, decay quirk, placing a hand on the floor, but before he could activate it, his right upper arm and right pec are torn apart.

Kazuma: His body…

Izuku: Is breaking…! Gran Torino said  AfO’s quirk were transplanted into him.

Kazuma: His body hasn’t adapted to the quirk, much like Izuku at the very beginning when he got his quirk…!

TomurAFO: Oh well, super regen is gone. But it’s over once I do this!

He goes to use his quirk again, but Izuku quickly uses Blackwhip and Float to hold everyone and, well, float.

Kazuma: Good thinking Izuku, if he was on the ground, it would’ve been real bad, but now…

Kazuma cracks his neck.

Kazuma: We can end this…!

Suddenly, the whips start to get disoriented, which meant that Izuku’s concentration was wavering. He quickly puts everyone except TomurAFO down.

Kazuma: OH COME ON, IZUKU!

Once the boy touches the ground, he quickly sends a tendril towards TomurAFO to help Izuku. Yes, Izuku was the one that needed to be as far as possible from TomurAFO, but at the moment, Aizawa was out, so the only way to defeat TomurAFO was the classic good vs evil way. One for All. Versus All for One. But this didn’t mean that Izuku HAD to do this alone.

-flashback-

Ochaco, Tsu and Sero were standing in the TDL in their PE uniforms, along with Kazuma, Bakugo, All Might and Izuku, whose hair seemed to be burnt and had a swollen lip.