Chapter 27: Preparing for the Exams

Denki and Mina were panicking as to what they were going to do in the exams, but Mina's face did not match her words at all, they were the 19th and 20th finishing students in the mid terms, as Izuku, who finished 4th in the exams, tried cheering the two up, and told them to do their best, followed by Iida, who finished 2nd. Momo, who aced the exams and got the first rank, tried to help the two as she told them that if they needed, she would be glad to tutor them, which cheered the two up as they started thanking her. Very soon, more students started asking Momo for help, as the ponytailed girl started squealing and started to basically innocently slap in the faces of the students about how rich she was. Kazuma also told Toru that he'd be glad to help her in subjects she wasn't all that strong in, including English, and Maths, as Kazuma had secured the 5th rank, followed up close by Shoto, who was 6th in the exams.

---

Lunch Break

The group of friends were sitting on a table as they were talking as to what the practical exams would be like this time. Suddenly, an elbow bumps into Izuku's head, as they all turn to see Monoma once again.

Monoma "apologised" to Izuku, saying that he couldn't see his head, even though it was so huge. His eyes then landed on Kazuma, who was trying to take advantage of the distraction by trying to sneak a pork slice from Toru's plate.

"Oh? You're back, huh? I heard your house was bombarded, I guess trouble follows you no matter where you go, even to your house. I saw the footage on the news, I saw you were screaming, you got scared because of a mere fire, and you were being all cocky that day before the festival."

Kazuma straight up ignored him, as Toru catches him red handed, and sighs as she picks the pork with her chopsticks and puts them in his plate, as Kazuma feels on the top of the world, seeing two pork slices on his plate.

"Also, I noticed that you were unable to save the lady? Oh man, you should know that a hero's first priority is to save and rescue, but you couldn't even protect a single woman."

By now, Kazuma had put down his chopsticks, and had his hands on the table.

"She had to wear oxygen masks, because of your stupidity, and if that wasn't enough, the lady was none other than your very own moth-"

Before Monoma could finish, he realised that he was now off the ground, as his plate fell down, and Kazuma was holding his throat by his hand. Kazuma looked at Monoma with a glare that made the boy wince.

"Oi! You wanna talk trash about me, go ahead. I won't care all that much, but bring Ma into this, and I'll make sure that you won't even recognise that stupid head of yours."

Izuku tried to calm his friend down as he tried to loosen the boy's grip on Monoma's neck as he made his way back to his seat to continue eating. Kendo came and chopped her hand on Monoma's head, and apologized to Kazuma for her friend's behaviour.

Kazuma avoided looking up as he kept eating while giving the girl a slight nod.

Kendo then went on to tell them that the practicals would be against robots, which made Bakugo pissed as he went on to say that robot or not, it didn't matter as all they had to do was best them up. He then called Denki an idiot as he went on to tell Izuku that he didn't know if the boy had somewhat gained a little control over his quirk, but he was getting on his nerves, he then went on to tell Shoto not to half-ass everything like he did in the festival. He then turned to Kazuma. The two kept staring at each other for a moment or two, before Bakugo told him that even if Kazuma didn't make it to the tops in the festival, Bakugo wanted to go up against him since he saw how good of a control the white-haired boy had over his quirk, calling him black n white, a new nickname he came up with. Bakugo earned nothing but a smirk from Kazuma as he went on with his day.