Chapter 23: New Day, New Issues

Kazuma was sitting in his chair in his class, as his girlfriend walked up to him, and placed her hands on his eyes.
"Guess who?"
Kazuma placed his hands on the girl's hand covering his eyes as he softly removed them and held the tiny hands in his own large hands.
"Such soft and nice hands could belong to only one person."
He decided to tease his girlfriend a little as he pulled her arms, with her now behind him, her head resting on his head and the hands of the two interlocked, he turned around to see Toru flushing red from the sudden move by her boyfriend.
"Oh, it's you? Man, I thought it was Midnight."
This made the girl pout as Kageyama started giggling at the sight.
"Okay, sorry sorry, it's good to see you too, Toru-chan."
He kissed the girl's hands, which made her pull her hands away in embarrassment as he once again started giggling, but after seeing her mumble while pouting, he lost it and started laughing. Toru punched Kageyama 's shoulder and sat beside him, pouting as if she was angry, but still looking at her boy she was unable to see for a week.
Soon, Kirishima and Sero started laughing maniacally, which made Kazuma look at their direction, seeing the sight, even he was unable to control his giggles as he saw Bakugo, with his hair combed down, instead of his usual spiky hair.
Bakugo shouted that his hair had now gotten used to the style as he had to put gel on every single day at the internship at Best Jeanist's agency. He then dared them to laugh at him again, but as he said that, his hair popped back to his normal spiky form, which made the two laugh even more, even Kageyama was finding it difficult to not laugh like a maniac at the sight.
Soon after a while, the class was filled with chats about how their internships went, the girl's were talking about the fact that some of them got to fight goons. Fight word led to the Hero killer, as all students stated that they were worried, then, the focus went on to four particular students as everyone gathered around them. They asked them if it was true that they were rescued by Endeavour, to which, all the four students remained quite till Iida agreed with the facts.
---
The students had gathered at Field Gamma, where All Might told them that they would have to save All Might. Yepp. Save. All Might. All Might chose some students, and those students had to race each other to a certain point in the field where All Might was being held "hostage", while pointing to Bakugo, he told the students to keep the destruction to a minimum.
The first race was between Iida, Ashido, Sero, Izuku and Ojiro. While everyone assumed that Midoriya might be last to finish, Kageyama just smiled as he had seen the improvement the green haired boy had made, speaking of improvement, he had created a new tactic which would be useful in chases or escapes, and this race would be the perfect place to try it.
The race started, and to many students' surprise, Izuku soon took the lead with his new control over his quirk. Kazuma smiled as he remembered Izuku telling him about how he had been using all his power in one certain spot, such as his hands, or legs, while what he needed to do was actually let the power flow through his body.
Full Cowling.
This was the name Izuku had given to the tactic. But suddenly, Kazuma noticed something... similar in Izuku's movements to the movements of a certain explosive boi.
This seemed to piss Bakugo off, but suddenly, Izuku slipped on a pipe and fell down. The race finished as Sero reached the finish line the earliest, and Izuku finishing in last because of his fall.
The next match was between Shoto, Tsuyu, Kageyama, Uraraka and Kirishima. When all the students started running, Kazuma stood in his place, while some might think of it as him being overconfident about hs abilities, one could notice on a closer look that the boy was actually focusing his power. With a smirk, the boy opened his eyes, showing the heterochromatic eyes as he shot tendrils from each hand as high as he could. He stretched the tendrils, as he had made them stretchable, and launched himself in the air.
"WOOOHOOOOO!!!!" The boy screamed as he went flying into the air. He gained a good distance, but his height was a little too much as the students would say. He then started falling down at a tremendous speed, while some of the students got concerned about his landing, Kazuma smiled as he shouted.
"Shadow Boots: Kangaroo Boost."
His boots formed as he came closer to the ground, he landed on a pipe, and got launched high once again, the students were confused as to what he was doing, while Izuku was noting down everything he could find about his movement style.
Kazuma had gained quite a good speed and added to that, it will be increased once he was freefalling, once he reached the highest point of his jump, he closed his eyes.
Izuku started paying closer attention to the screen as his movements were somewhat like the Shadow Swipe move he would talk to Izuku about.
"Shadow Swipe: Airborne"
Time seemed to stop as Kazuma now sensed the tiniest thing such as dripping water off of the ice Todoroki had made, or the more important part, the person closest to the finish line, Shoto Todoroki.
Kazuma opened his eyes as he shouted.
"Canada Man, THANKS A LOT."
Confused, the bi-colored boy stopped in his tracks to see Kageyama at a huge distance from him, falling down fast.
"This is it. Now or never buddy, NOW OR NEVER."
Kazuma moved mid-air, and took a glider pose, hands and feet stuck together, with his head towards the ground.
Kazuma had closed his eyes, as he sensed a shadow forming up on the ground. His shadow.
Meters away from the ground, with everyone on the edge of their seats, including All Might, Kazuma opened his eyes to look straight at the shadow right beneath him.
"SHADOW TRAVEL: ENGAGE"
Kazuma shouted as Kirishima ran towards his falling classmate, hoping to catch him if he does not do anything, he realised he was too late as he saw Kageyama basically phase into the ground.
"What the-"
Everyone had the same reaction as they saw their fellow student disappear in the ground, suddenly, something came out of the shadow Shoto's body was making due to the sunlight. It was Kazuma. He had travelled about a quarter kilometre in mere seconds as he reached the finish line, perfecting his landing by using a tendril to hang off of a pipe and then jumping down.
Kazuma looked at his opponents, all of them dumbstruck as to what had just happened. Tokoyami started laughing at the sight. He explained that Kazuma basically created a portal between the shadow of the person closest to the finish line and his shadow, the reason he was jumping high, rather than far, was so that he could get all the speed he can, which he used to propel himself towards the finish line, thus, finishing the race in first position.
Shoto walked up to Kageyama and stared at him for a while or two before putting a hand forward as the white haired boy smiled before shaking hands with the bi-colored boy, both giving each other a warm smile.
---
"Hey, have you guys seen Izuku somewhere? I thought he'd go full fanboy mode once he saw the tendrils and all that." Kazuma asked Uraraka about the whereabouts of his friend.
"Oh, he's with All Might, he said All Might wanted to talk to him about his progress, probably about the quirk, so I'd suggest you don't think about it much."
All Might and Izuku, what are you two hiding?