Chapter 64.5: Am I real?

3 days before the raid

We see Jin Bubaigawara? walking on the street, with a mask on his face, so nobody would recognize the man.

Jin?: My name is Jin Bubaigawara. The ŕ̵̵͚̜͙̰͇͎͔̞̹̦͋ͥ̆ͯ͐̌͌̅̅ͩ̒̈̌̈́̀ͮ͟͟͟e̷̡̛̳̲̗̠̮͙ͥ͊̈́ͩ̀ͪ̊͠a̷̡̲̤͙̪̹̅ͤ̓͌̈́̋͂̃̽̓̿̕͠͞l Jin Bubaigawara. I am 31 years old. My house is on the 3rd street after the Ne-coffee cat café in Tokyo, where the poor usually live, I am not married. I work as a commander for Yuji Shinokawa and his visionary group Null, and get home by 9 PM at the latest. I don’t drink, but I occasionally smoke. I’m in bed by 11 PM, and make sure I get 8 hours of sleep, no matter what. After having a glass of warm milk and about 20 minutes of stretches, I usually have no problems sleeping till morning. Just like a baby, I wake up without any fatigue or stress in the morning.

He steps to the side, giving way to an old lady going in the opposite direction.

Jin?: I was told to safeguard one of Shinokawa’s test subject sites, since he had been expecting heroes to raid there in about 3 days. I'm just a person who wishes to do everything I can to help Shinokawa, my savior. I take care not to trouble myself with any enemies, because I might fade if I get seriously hurt. But I'm ŕ̵̵͚̜͙̰͇͎͔̞̹̦͋ͥ̆ͯ͐̌͌̅̅ͩ̒̈̌̈́̀ͮ͟͟͟e̷̡̛̳̲̗̠̮͙ͥ͊̈́ͩ̀ͪ̊͠a̷̡̲̤͙̪̹̅ͤ̓͌̈́̋͂̃̽̓̿̕͠͞l. Am I not? I avoid fighting, although if I were to fight, I won't lose to anyone.

Jin? then enters a clothing store, chooses a suit, and enters the changing room. He removes his mask, and starts to change his clothes, as his gaze falls upon the mirrors in front of him. He instantly panics, and kicks the mirrors continuously till they all break.

Jin?: It was just a mirror, huh?

His breathing slows down, as he walks out of the room, the staff standing outside, worried since they heard the man screaming.

Employee: Sir, are you alrig-

BANG

Before he could finish, a bullet goes through his head, as he falls on the ground. Dead.

Jin? Blows the smoke off of the gun’s holster, as the people present there start to scream and run away. Jin? realizing that the pros might soon be here, starts to run.

Jin?: I’m ŕ̵̵͚̜͙̰͇͎͔̞̹̦͋ͥ̆ͯ͐̌͌̅̅ͩ̒̈̌̈́̀ͮ͟͟͟e̷̡̛̳̲̗̠̮͙ͥ͊̈́ͩ̀ͪ̊͠a̷̡̲̤͙̪̹̅ͤ̓͌̈́̋͂̃̽̓̿̕͠͞l. I'm ŕ̵̵͚̜͙̰͇͎͔̞̹̦͋ͥ̆ͯ͐̌͌̅̅ͩ̒̈̌̈́̀ͮ͟͟͟e̷̡̛̳̲̗̠̮͙ͥ͊̈́ͩ̀ͪ̊͠a̷̡̲̤͙̪̹̅ͤ̓͌̈́̋͂̃̽̓̿̕͠͞l. I'm ŕ̵̵͚̜͙̰͇͎͔̞̹̦͋ͥ̆ͯ͐̌͌̅̅ͩ̒̈̌̈́̀ͮ͟͟͟e̷̡̛̳̲̗̠̮͙ͥ͊̈́ͩ̀ͪ̊͠a̷̡̲̤͙̪̹̅ͤ̓͌̈́̋͂̃̽̓̿̕͠͞l!!

-flashback-

We see Jin? running in the streets, as if he was running away from someone.

Jin?: No! I won’t be killed by my own clones! Luckily for me, they mistook a clone for me, but they'll never know that I'M the ŕ̵̵͚̜͙̰͇͎͔̞̹̦͋ͥ̆ͯ͐̌͌̅̅ͩ̒̈̌̈́̀ͮ͟͟͟e̷̡̛̳̲̗̠̮͙ͥ͊̈́ͩ̀ͪ̊͠a̷̡̲̤͙̪̹̅ͤ̓͌̈́̋͂̃̽̓̿̕͠͞l one, all the others are fake! 5 days! 5 days I’ve been stuck in that room, with the clones killing each other off! Each thinking that the rest are fake.

He hides in an alleyway, as he puts his knees to his chest, and starts to cry.

Jin?: *crying* It was never meant to be this way! I just wanted a friend! Somebody to talk to! I created those clones to wash away my loneliness, not to have an existential crisis in my head!

Suddenly, a hand reached out to him.

???: Oi. What’s going on? Are you okay?

Jin? looks up to see a man being shadowed by the light, reaching out to him. It was nobody other than Yuji Shinokawa. Although the man was a stranger, Jin? felt safe, secure around him.

Jin?: PLEASE! HELP ME! I DON'T WANNA DIE! THEY'RE COMING FOR ME! THEY'RE GONNA KILL ME!

Shinokawa: Who?

Jin?: My clones, they're fighting and killing each other! Thinking the others are fake. It's been going on for five days! They kill each other! Then get killed by another clone, they'll soon realize I'm gone, please! Help me! I'll do anything!

A wide grin spread across Shinokawa’s face.

Shinokawa: I'll help you. But in return, I want your help too. I'll provide you a shelter, food and clothes. In return, you provide me your service to my goal.

Jin?: O-Okay! I’ll help you!

The grin widened even more.

Shinokawa: Hey, what's your name?

Jin?: Bubaigawara. Jin Bubaigawara.

-flashback end-

Jin?: Since that day, me and Shinokawa became allies, I’d use my quirk to make a clone of somebody, and gather intel, and he’d give me money to buy food and clothes. Then a few months ago, All Might, the number one hero, retired. Apparently, the villain he fought against, had a quirk that could steal other’s quirk and give them to somebody else, or keep them for his own use. That sparked a fire in Shinokawa’s eyes. He thought that through this process, we could make our own killing machines, who’d follow every order given to them. They’d kill if you told them to do so. So me, him, and Yōgan, his right hand man, started recruiting people, and came up with the organization, Null. Our aim was to make these killing machines, and use them to get rid of the heroes in this society. With All Might gone, this would be an easy task. Kill the heroes, till nothing is left. Except Null. We would be on top of the world.

Jin? enters the site where the raid was supposed to happen, as he grabs a jacket, and puts it on.

Jin?: I owe my life to Shinokawa, I’d do everything in my power for his humble cause. I am Jin Bubaigawara. A loyal subordinate, and Shinokawa’s left hand man!

A/N: So, this chapter was an extension of the last chapter, the official chapter 65 will be published tomorrow. Hope you guys liked it.

Till the next time,

Sayonara.