Chapter 41: Provisional Examinations Begin!

The training days were now over, as it was finally the day when the students at UA were going to get their provisional hero licenses.

The students gathered up at the place where the exam was supposed to be held. Aizawa was boosting up the morale of his students as a guy suddenly interrupted the class' "Plus Ultra" chant, by shouting Ultra before any of the students could say anything. He then bashed his head on the ground as he asked for an apology. He then went away with his other schoolmates, Aizawa told the students that the guy was Inasa Yoarashi, a guy who performed extremely well in the UA Recommendation tests, but for some reason, turned the offer down. That was when a green haired woman came and started to flirt with Aizawa as if she knew him since a long time, to which, the Class 1-A homeroom teacher coldly declined. The students then made it inside the arena where the exam was supposed to be held.

At National Dagobah Arena

The students had changed into their hero costumes as they were listening to one of the people at the Hero Public Safety Commission, who was explaining the exam.

???: *Tired* Well then, let's do that provisional license thing... I'm Mera, from the HPSC. I like non-REM sleep... Nice to meet all of you. I've the quite busy that I haven't gotten much sleep... we're short on staff... I'm drowsy! With that out of the way, I'll give you the orientation.

He then goes on to speak even more.

Mera: As for the context of the provisional license thing, frankly, all 1,540 examinees here will have to win through a free-for-all exercise.

Sero: That's it? It's not that big of a deal of you ask me...

Mera: Our society is said to be proper and just with the heroes, but since the arrest of Stain, doubts about it have been popping up everywhere. Telling someone that risks their own life to save other lives to not get any recognition or reward is unfair. But no matter if it's for compensation or loyalty and courage, the result of multiple heroes working together to bring villains to justice and save people is that right now, the time from when an incident stats to when it's resolved is so short that it'd piss you off. You are about to get your provisional license and finally throw yourself into those rapids. Those who can't keep up with the pace, will frankly have it tough. Thus, what you're going to be tested on is speed and agility! Which means...

*Drumroll*

Mera: The first 100 to fulfill the requirements will pass.

This caused a shock between the students.

Yaoyurozu: There are a total of 1,540 people here! Didn't they say half would pass?!

Kazuma: So about only 6-7% will pass... I see

Mera: Well, a lot has happened out there, and we took measures to get the best of the best heroes possible... so anyways, here are the requirements, listen up so we can get this over with quickly.

Mera: The examinees will put three targets on his/her body. There's no special restriction where you can put them till they're an exposed area, like chest or limbs. You can't put the targets at your soles or in your armpits.