Chapter 43: We Need To Talk

Kazuma was resting on the couch as he heard Jirou and Yaomomo talk about something regarding school staring tomorrow onwards. He then turned around to watch television, but was interrupted by a voice.

Bakugo: Oi, Black n White. Come out later, we're gonna have a chat.

Kageyama stares at the boy, but shrugs as midnight arrives, everyone in the dorms was sleeping except three students, Kageyama sees Bakugo as he goes behind him, only to be met with Midoriya walking alongside him.

They were walking somewhere with Bakugo leading them. The walk was extremely quite, until Midoriya decided to break it.

Midoriya: Kacchan... How far are we going to go? We shouldn't to walking around in the middle of the night like this.

Bakugo ignores the boy as they reach their destination, Ground Beta.

Midoriya: This is... Ground Beta..?

Bakugo: This is the place where we had our first combat training and you won. You've always made me sick. You were quirkless, and then out of thin air, you get accepted in the UA, and suddenly acquire a quirk that doesn't match either Aunty Inko or Uncle Hisashi.

Kageyama stares at the ash blonde boy, as he starts getting a gut feeling that what was coming for them, wasn't good.

Bakugo: I didn't understand this guy that said some stuff that made no sense, and then looked satisfied with himself and just kept on climbing up, higher, and higher... Ever since the sludge incident... No, since All Might showed up in town... higher, and higher... until at the provisional exams, you pass, but I failed. What the hell? Huh?

Midoriya: That's not a matter of ability, but...

Bakugo: Shut up and listen, scum!

Midoriya: S-Sorry...

Bakugo: You've always made me sick and pissed off. But that thing in Kamino made me understand, kind of. I've been thinking about it the whole time. You got it from All Might, didn't you? Your power.

Kageyama was shocked to say the least after hearing what Bakugo just said, as he thought that All Might's secret, might be out.

Bakugo: The boss villain, the All for One guy, he could steal people's quirks and give them to other people. It's hard to believe, but the green haired lady from the cat ladies lost her quirk, and can't work anymore. After you met All Might, you changed, no All Might list his power. What All Might said after his victory... "Now it's your turn." You were the only one who was crying and acting differently, thinking how those Nomu bastards had multiple quirks, it seems legit. Besides... All Might and that boss bastard knew each other. All Might knew about the guy who could move quirks from one person to another, so it all connected to what you said about receiving your power from someone.

Midoriya and Kazuma remain silent as the boy kept talking.

Bakugo: I asked All Might about it. But he won't answer me. He also never really explained his quirk in any interview and dodged the question by telling them that it was something like superhuman strength. That's why I'm asking you and Black n White.

He then looks at Kazuma who was staring back at him, nervously.

Bakugo: You know about this too, don't you? Just a second ago, you seemed shocked about something when you were listening to me, and you're all quite now.

The two boys stayed silent, unable to think as to what they should answer him with.

Bakugo: Since you two aren't denying it, it must be true. Damn it...

Midoriya: *nervous* What are you going to do with that answer?

Bakugo: You and I... both wanted to be like All Might. Right... That's how it always was... someone I'd always thought was another pebble for me was acknowledged by the person I admired without me realizing it... on top of that, he acknowledged to someone I beat, and won against... that's why... let's fight. Right here, right now.