Chapter 53: The final battle approaches

Kazuma was running with Nighteye, Izuku and Eraser as he desperately used Shadow Swipe to get even the tiniest glimpse of Mirio or Eri.

Kazuma: Once I find Lemillion or Eri, I'll teleport everyone with me there!

Izuku: But you can't teleport many people at the same time.

Kazuma: Yeah, but this is no time to be unable to do anything! That's why, I'll do it!

Izuku hesitates, but then nods as the heroes keep running towards the path Mirio went to.

---

Elsewhere, Lemillion was fighting Chisaki, as Nemeto, a member of the Eight bullets of Hassaikai, grabs a gun, loaded with a bullet.

Nemeto: Master needs me. I must give my life... and walk by his side.

He then struggles to aim at Lemillion.

Nemeto: Where should I shoot? At the one who uses Permeation. I only have one bullet. How can I keep him from using his quirk?

He then remembers what Lemillion had said about Eri during their fight.

Nemeto: Those were his true feelings!

He then aims the gun somewhere, which catches the attention of Lemillion. He had aimed it at Eri. Lemillion jumps towards Eri, to save her.

---

Kazuma finally locates Mirio and Eri, as his eyes widen and he teleports to the place, alone.

Mirio was now in front of Eri, smiling, as Nemeto shoots the gun, and the bullet hits Lemillion.

Kazuma teleports there, by a fraction of a second as he stares at the sight, in horror as voices start running in his mind.

Fatgum: Right after Suneater was shot, we had the hospital doctors take a look at him and his quirk genes were damaged...

Ryukyu: In other words, that effect came from a person... someone's quirk? A quirk that destroys quirks...

Kazuma: MIRIO!!!

Chisaki: The diseased... have been given quirks, and that lets them dream! Thinking you can "actually" become something is an illness of the mind. It's funny! With the power of that girl you've come to save, everything you've worked to cultivate... has now gone to waste!

He then places his hand on the ground as Kazuma quickly snaps out of his despair and punches Chisaki with his Erebus activated.

Kazuma: Funny?! You think this is funny?! You torture a little girl, use her own fucking skin to create some bullets, then use it to crush a man's dreams of becoming a pro! THAT'S...

Chisaki tries to touch Kazuma with his right hand, which the latter kicks away, then uses tendrils to latch to the man's neck and dropkicks him in the face.

Kazuma: UNFORGIVABLE!!! I'LL MAKE YOU REGRET DOING THAT! CHISAKI!!!

Chisaki: Don't... DON'T CALL ME THAT NAME!

He jumps at Kazuma, with his left arm aiming at the boy, as one of his goons is thrown at him by Mirio.