Chapter 78

Chris pov...

I walk into the house with Dodger, and he immediately goes to the bedroom jumping on the bed and cuddling into Vera who wakes up by all of this. I smile as she immediately pulls him in and cuddles him. He calms down as she just talks to him about how much she has missed him. 

I watch it with a smile on my face but dying inside knowing that i have to tell her about her dad... For a split moment i was tempted to go to mom directly from Carly but i knew i had to calm down first. 

Vera finally had eyes for me and smiled. I walked over and leaned down and kissed her soft and sweet cupping her face with one hand. "Hey..." She said in a soft tone smiling. "Hey gorgeous..." I said back and kissed her again. "What is wrong?" She said and i sighed. I couldn't keep this from her if i wanted to, she can read me like a book. 

"I had a little talk with Carly about ma... and ehm well we now know why..." I said letting out a deep sigh. "Okay..." She said with worry in her voice. "Why?" She said and i let out another sigh not wanting to tell her scared for her and the girls.

I sat down beside her. "Before i tell you i need you to promise me to stay calm... Can you do that for me gorgeous?" I asked and she nodded. "I need you to keep calm gorgeous... for our girls..." I said again. "I promise Chris but please tell me... You are scaring me..." She whispered. 

I explained to her what Carly told me and i could see the blood drain from her face and she was fighting her tears and trying to stay calm. She took a few deep breaths before speaking. "Why didn't she come to us about all this... Why did she take his side so easily for the truth..." She whispered with tears in her eyes still trying her best to fight them back. "I dont know gorgeous... I am going to ask tomorrow..." I say and she leans her forehead against my chest. I wrapped my arms around her and hold her tight as she starts to sob...

"Why can't that asshole not just stay out of my life..." She sobs and i sigh not knowing how to answer that although i know why... I Just held her and rubbed her back until she had had stopped crying. She sat back up and i wiped away her tears. "I am going to talk to mom tomorrow... Okay..." I said and she nodded. Dodger nudged his way between us, and Vera chuckled. 

"I am hungry..." She said in a small, sweet voice. I chuckled and kissed her again. "What does my gorgeous wife want to eat...?" I said smiling. "Can we get some burgers and fries..." She said and i smiled. "Of course, anything you want..." I said and she smiled at me. "Oh, and a shake..." She said with a twinkle in her eyes and i nodded. "Anything else?" I asked but she shook her head. 

I kissed her again and ordered food. Vera got out of bed and i smiled as she walked to the kitchen closely followed by Dodger. I sighed still sitting on the bed watching her walk off. I am glad she took it so well... She cried which was expected but she took it better than i thought.  

I sigh thinking about what to say to my mother tomorrow. I just can't believe she let that idiot get in her head... And her father... What to do about him... This just proofed that he wouldn't stop... What worried me most is what Carly said that he probably has been keeping track of Vera...  How did he even get my mother's phone number... How did he even get in contact with her... She has a private number and all. I sigh feeling lost... 

"Chris..." I heard Vera say and i look up. She walks over to me and cups my face. "Talk to me..." She whispers before kissing me and i close my eyes reveling in her touch. "Just thinking about my talk with my mother tomorrow... and what to do about your dad..." I say letting out a sigh. 

"One thing at a time honey... We first have to repair the relationship with your mother... Am i angry and sad about it all... Yes... But she is family and i dont want her to not be in your life... Or our girls' lives... We just have to set clear boundaries. I just keep telling myself that she loves you so much that she is just a little overprotective..." She says smiling kissing me again. 

"You are taking it better than i thought you would..." I whisper and she smiles. "Yeah, well when it comes to my father nothing surprises me anymore... He can be very charming and convincing when he wants to... After the girls are born and we have settled in ill deal with him..." Vera says smiling but there is something in her eyes... A dark dangerous look... 

I am about to ask what she means by that when the doorbell rings and the dark look disappears, and she smiles. "Fooood...!" She says and pulls me up from the bed making me chuckle. I walk to the front door and take the food paying the guy and i walk back into the kitchen where Vera is feeding Dodger. I smile as she waddles over to me and looks into the bags smiling and doing her little happy dance. "God you are adorable..." I say laughing and she smirks at me. 

We sit down to eat and i can't help but watch her as she seems so happy with her cheeseburger and fries. She catches me and smiles and takes me by surprise kissing me hard and i smile into the kiss. "I know we can fix it now with your mother... So dont worry okay... I am good..." She says and smiles. I nod and she kisses me again. I have to admire her optimism and the fact that she is still willing to deal with all this still wanting ma in her life... Our girls' lives' any other had probably already given up... " God...I Love you..." I whisper and she smiles. "I love you to..."