Durarara - Shizuo

HEY! Been a while! I have another chapter planned and fingers crossed that I'll keep the motivation to post it before the end of this year 🤞 I realize this should be in 3rd person but I wasn't thinking when I started writing it and now it's too late bc I'm too lazy to fix it.

-

I could only describe (Y/n) as unpredictable.

Our moms are best friends and have probably known each other for their whole lives, too. They got pregnant at the same time, bought houses right next to each other, and almost gave birth to (Y/n) and I on the same day. Luckily, (Y/n) was more impatient to come out than I was and her birthday is 4 days before mine.

At some point you'd think I'd get the hang of her antics, right?

I don't think that's possible with her.

A week ago, we were in the middle of watching her favorite comedy T.V. special and the next thing I knew she was confessing her love to me. I thought she was joking at first, but the sincerity in her eyes and voice was so pungent that I panicked and went straight home without giving her any answer.

She told me to take my time with answering, but I'm not sure what she expects me to say. I'm not the relationship type, I'm too hot-headed and aggressive, I'd just end up hurting her. But our daily routine continued without a hitch. It's my fault that it's being drawn out, but (Y/n) has always been the pushy type, it's weird for her to give me time to do anything let alone answer a confession.

What is she thinking? Better yet, what am I thinking? I should just reject her and get it over with, we're meant to remain as friends and nothing more. It wouldn't be good for her if I allowed myself to express those feelings.

She stretches herself across her desk and looks over at me with a yawn. I guess if it was anyone else besides her this would have become awkward, huh?

"Let's get pancakes after school today," She says, abruptly sitting up and smiling at me. "Oh no! Actually, I kind of want boba instead...or maybe ice cream? Do you have tutoring today? Should I invite the others as well?"

I've learned to just go with her flow, there was no point in trying to do anything differently anyways. "Do whatever you want." I shrug, continuing to play games on my phone.

"Great! Mochi it is!" She cheers before going on her phone to text Izaya and Shinra to tag along.

Knowing who she is, it's strange that she likes me. Her type before has always been very picky. He has to be cool, he has to shower her with attention, he has to prioritize her, and he has to buy her snacks when she asks him to. She's never had any luck with her previous boyfriends because of how picky she is.

She's never made any effort for any of her past relationships either, only going out with guys when they put in the effort or when they ask her out. I don't think she's asked a single person out before other than me. And now that I think about it I don't think I've ever seen her initiate anything with a guy before.

"Nevermind," she sings, catching my attention. "I forgot that I agreed to help one of our classmates with the culture festival coming up." She looks up from her phone to me, "Why don't you go home without me today?"

.... she agreed to do what?

(Y/n) is not the helpful type. At least not when it comes to after-school activities or anything that could cut into her anime time. The sooner she can get home, eat her snacks, watch her animes, and read her manga the better. And today (anime title) comes out with a new episode, it's all she's been talking about.

Whatever help she needs to offer must be really important to her.

"I'll wait for you," I tell her. We haven't missed a day walking home together since elementary school. Entirely because my mother scared me into worrying about (Y/n) all of the time.