UNFINISHED - AClass - Gakuho

The pink blossoms fluttered down to my black soles, fierce enough to startle a cat, but delicate enough to calm a baby. The petal shined, it was beauty incarnate, the rebirth of Aphrodite.

I must have been staring at it because I can start to feel the gossipy stares from my peers. My fists clench, the (tone) skin on them turning a ghost-white. I hate this school and all of their stupid opinions.

From the flower, I dart my eyes up to the eyes of two girls who are staring at me. The very second our eyes meet, they scurry away to the holes they crawled out of. No one can appreciate anything in this school without being looked down upon. Maybe that doesn't apply to everyone, but it definitely does to me. It will never cease to be unfair, but no one cares about my feelings.

"Hey," I hear and snarl at the voice. (B/n), (B/n) (L/n), my older brother. A third year, a dick, and he thinks he's better than me in every aspect of our lives. Exhibit a of why my life sucks. "You're drawing attention," he hisses, "go to class or find your friends. No one likes seeing you in the courtyard alone."

I sneer at his comment. I know he's right, but that doesn't mean he should say it. "Yeah and why are you in the courtyard?"

"Being mom's favorite child," he smiles, "I'm going to class."

"Fuck off," I roll my eyes, "I'm actually going to tutoring."

"Oh yeah? You're being forced right? By your teacher, I assume?"

"Does it matter? It could have been completely my idea."

"But it wasn't. I know you, (Y/n), you'll end up dying a druggie in an alley way with all of your stray cats. That's what happens to troublemakers."

"Troublemaker? Wasn't I a 'member of the mafia' last time? Glad I'm slowly going up the ranks. Eventually I'll get to teacher's pet like you."

"At least I'll get a college education."

"That doesn't mean you'll be successful. I'm going to go to my meeting now, have fun being a kiss ass."

"I'll be more successful thank you, that's for sure."

"We'll see," I mock before walking off. What an asshole. Not only do I have to deal with him at home, but at school too. I'm constantly reminded of how much I take after my father while my brother got all the "good genes." But mom never complains about it. She always says how much she misses dad and how he'd be so proud of both of us if he was still around.

I'm so much like.my father in fact, that when my mom is called into school when I get into fights she bursts into tears. My dad and I are the exact same person, which is funny because I never got the chance to know the guy before he passed. I'm sure he was as brutish and rash as mom describes us to be.

My mom is like my brother, except way better. My mom doesn't have this holier than thou attitude about everything. She is this cool, delicate, brilliant flower of a person. She deserves all the love in the world and then some. She has her flaws, as all people do, but she's a single mother raising three children. I'll cut her some slack.

"(Y/n)!" I hear the instant I enter the school building. I turn to the voice, annoyance long filled me. Who cares to interrupt my filler exposition?

When I lock eyes with him I scoff, great. Of course it's him. "Why are you asking?"

The strawberry blonde boy chuckles at my aggressive response, "Well you were supposed to meet me ten minutes ago, you never did."

"Wonder why," I force a smile, "I'm going, I'm going."

"I'm sorry, do you not like our tutoring sessions? I can request to switch with someone else but-"

"Can you? Because that'd be great."

"But I don't think anyone else will be able to help you like I can."

"You haven't been helping me at all."

"Actually," he sighs, "I have been. I know that you don't check your grade, but I take the liberty of checking both mine and yours. And the midterm results came out the other day...want to hear what you got?"

"Not really, but you're gonna tell me anyway."

"Yes, I am. You got a 63%."

"Oh woopie, 63%...wait...wait, I got 63%?!"

"Yeah! That's almost triple what you got on the finals last year."

"That's...no, no you're lying there is no way I got a 63%."

He grins and grabs onto my hand, "Let's go check the board!"

---

"I guess I should have known better than to underestimate your teaching skills," I joke and cross my arms over my chest. "This is for getting me this far," I point to the ice cream bowl in front of him.

"Ideally you would have gotten a passing grade, but compared to you last grade this is phenomenal."

"Yeah...I agree thank you so much for this. I never thought I'd get beyond a fifty....this is amazing," a few tears fall from my eyes. "You tell anyone that this happened and you're dead!"

"I know." He smiles before taking a spoonful of the ice cream. I never would have thought that we'd be here, ever being together outside of school and especially not because I almost passed a test.