Voltron - Lance

~Black and white soulmate AU~~Also this is a cartoon, not an anime but oh well~

My whole life I have been consumed in the darkness, only being able to see black and white. This is normal for galra my age, but somehow all my friends find their soulmates so early on. Galra tend to go thousands of years without even caring about what any other color is. Galra tend to meet their soulmates then look the other way without a care in the world. Somehow my friends are different and they actually care about soulmates.

They are always talking about how pretty certain flowers are, but then I am here like, "what is red?" and they remember I haven't met my soulmate yet.

It is really obnoxious actually, if I could choose I would just be alone forever, or maybe I don't have a soulmate. I groan as I glare at my older brother who is bringing in the two of us to the castle ship for Voltron.

"Could you shut up?" He snaps angrily, which takes me by surprise because he is usually really calm and collected.

"I could, but why should I?" I snicker at him, "Lotor, what has gotten under your skin?"

"The fact you appeared out of no where and attacked me," He hisses, "I know you're dad's loyal slave but I thought you'd have my back more."

I chuckle, "You're all everyone talks about, Lotor this Lotor that. Granted it is all bad, but you know that. By the way, I disobeyed dad too, to help you. Lotor, I love you, but why would you betray dad like that?"

"Sis, do you really think that I am gonna believe you disobeyed father? Plus, I was only sticking up for what I believed in. If he thinks I am a failure whatever. Not that you know what that feels like."

I sigh, "What are you implying?"

"That you were obviously dad's favorite. He seriously paused growing the empire to help make you the next ruler, as if I wasn't there. As if I am not the older sibling."

"That's what this is about? That I was dad's favorite? If I could I would run away like you did, but I am not that brave."

"Yeah right.."

"Listen, Lotor, you can't complain because you have a soulmate and friends that like you and not because you are the daughter of Zarkon! They like you for you, Voltron is sincere and if I'd do anything for that. Do you know how hard it is to see black and white all the time? For the past nine-thousand years that's all I have ever seen!"

"OK I get it!" He snaps, "You don't have friends, big whoop. You're a galra general, you aren't supposed to have friends."

"Right..." I snarl as he stops at the Castle ship.

He pulls me out of the small ship he was flying around and into the main room with team Voltron. A smile quickly appears on my face and sparkles my eyes as I see all of them in the awesomeness they are. They look exactly like they were described to look, except color I still can't see color.

"Who is this?" Princess Allura asks, obviously uneasy by the thought of another galra on her ship.

Shiro's eyes widen as he activates his fake arm, "That is (Y/N), the daughter of Zarkon, she was talking to some of the Blade members."

"Oh the Blade of Marmora?" I question as if it was an everyday thing.

"You know about them?" Pidge asks, stepping forward now.

I shrug, "Course I do, everyone does, but I guess it'd be easier to say why I was talking to them. You see, I helped create the Blade. They are a very secretive group and my father would not suspect me to be working with a bunch of traitor. So I helped create the Blade and every now and then I give them top secret information."