Boku No Hero - Midoriya

No one writes Midoriya with a possessive personality...so here.

--

(Y/n) (L/n) and Izuku Midoriya...two very average teenagers with very average teenage lives. Partying, sex, alcohol. That's what they did every weekend for seemingly their whole lives but it wasn't their whole life. It wasn't even half of a year.

They two were boyfriend and girlfriend, lovers, sweethearts, whatever you want to call it. They were as close as two people could possibly be, but they both made a critical mistake in their relationship and they broke it off.

A year later, they're just friends, putting it heavily. And there is a new kid in class.... "My name is (B/n) (L/n)...nice to meet you all." Midoriya takes a glance over towards (Y/n) to see what her reaction to him is and he realizes that he shouldn't have as soon as he sees the big shit eating grin plastered on her beautiful lips. To call the feeling he gets jealousy is an understatement, he feels like crying and screaming, even louder than Bakugou could ever try to achieve. He feels hurt, betrayed when he knows he has no right to feel that way.

He's seen her with guy after guy and has been unfazed, but for some reason this guy makes him feel uneasy. Maybe it's because Midoriya can already tell that this guy is good and kind. Midoriya can see in the way the guy stands that he isn't a bad person and that he would be very good for (Y/n)...so good that she'll even forget about Midoriya.

He can't let that happen. All at once all his feelings for (Y/n) comes rushing back. It's unfair to the both of them that this is happening, but it is and he's not letting it get any worse.

Later that day during lunch Midoriya sees (Y/n) and the new guy start to become close friends too quickly for his comfort. He sees the light blush on (Y/n)'s face, the same one that she had when she looked at him, the same one that used to drive Midoriya absolutely insane over. He had no right to feel jealous when he was the one to mess up their relationship, but he can't help it.

He stands from his seat and makes his way over towards the pair of giggling teenagers. He slams his hands into the table and intervenes in their conversation, which only results in an annoyed groan from (Y/n). Midoriya apologizes before pulling (B/n) aside to have a little chat.

"What's up, man?" (B/n) asks with a small smile, "Something wrong?" And Midoriya's heart starts to pound out of his chest. That's not fair. No, this guy can't waltz into his classroom and swoop his girl off her feet and then be all kind and cool about it. That's not how this is going to work.

"It's just..." Midoriya says, avoiding eye contact with the new kid. It isn't that he's scared, just he knows that he'll end up backing out if he looks the new kid in the eye. "I have a thing for (Y/n) and...I'd just like you to know before you try and ask her out or something."

(B/n) let's out a slight chuckle before stuffing his hands into his pockets. He gives Midoriya a very weird look, one that seems suspicious, but also angry at the same time. It's like Midoriya just stepped on his cat's tail and didn't say sorry, "So...she doesn't actually like you?" (B/n) asks, "You're deciding what she wants for her based on what you want? That's messed up man."

"No, no, no," Midoriya corrects, "she likes me, just...it's complicated."

"Does she like you or not?" (B/n) asks, "Look, I'll back up if you prove she doesn't like you...for now, she seems very sweet and is mad cute."

(B/n) goes to turn around, but Midoriya snaps and finally let's it out, "We used to date."

(B/n) turns back around and looks at Midoriya before a smile spreads onto his own lips, "Oh, so you're trying to get back together with her? That's different... I'll back up then, don't worry. If she makes a move though..."

"She won't," Midoriya assures. "She isn't that kind of person."

(B/n) nods his head, "I have one question though...how did you let such a fine lady slip through your fingers? I mean, I've known her for half an hour and I know that I'd never let her go if I had the option."

"Well you don't have the option," Midoriya counters, "and it's really none of your concern."

(B/n) grins, "Alright, sorry dude. Didn't mean to step on a land mine," he sighs and heads back into the cafeteria. Midoriya's heart pounds out of his chest as he thinks about (Y/n) possibly giving him a second chance. Their first year together, he said some hurtful things to her while drunk, but he isn't the same idiot he was before.

---

(Y/n) stares back at Midoriya, her eyes sprinkled with wonder. She hasn't had a decent conversation with him in ages, so him showing up at her dorm is quite the unexpected event.

For awhile she thought he had decided to cut her out of his life, she wouldn't blame him if he did. She made some mistakes in their relationship and though she wanted to reconcile with him, it was too awkward.

"I still like you," Midoriya confesses, which causes (Y/n)'s eyes to go wide. She takes a step back, wary now. The last time he had confessed to her was two years ago and he was a blushing disaster. He stuttered and stumbled on his own words more times than she could count.

She found that side of him cute and endearing, "Okay," (Y/n) says, before mentally slapping herself. Okay?! OKAY?! Who says okay to a confession like that?

She sighs, regains herself, and looks into his eyes. The green swirls and though he isn't showing how nervous he is out right, she can tell by the way his eyes are twitching. He's never been a good liar. "I mean, is that why you took (B/n) away earlier? To tell him you have dibs or whatever."

"Yes," Midoriya nods his head. He doesn't want to lie to her, she deserves to know what he is doing when it concerns her. It's only fair, "I...I wanted him to know that I still liked you. I asked him not to pursue you for a while...at least long enough for me to tell you."

"I see," she mumbles, "you could have come sooner, you know. My answer to you now would be the same if you said it two years ago."

"And what's your answer?'"

"I still like you, Izuku Midoriya."