Full Metal Alchemist - Edward Elric

"Edward Elric!" I snap as I hit him over the head with his own limp metal arm, "What the fuck is this?! Do you know how angry Winry is gonna be because of this?! I can't believe you are so careless!"

"You're even more careless..." He mumbles.

"At least I don't mess up my automail every two seconds."

"At least I don't destroy half the town!"

"Shut up, shorty!"

"Shorty?! Who are you calling short!"

"You obviously! My goodness! I am gone for one day and you almost die! Do you know how stressful it is being away from you for even a second. You worry me half to freaking death!"

"Sorry, (Y/N)," He sighs, "But it isn't like you have to do this. You don't have to worry about us like that."

"Ha! You think I can just stop worrying? Do you know how selfish that sounds? Like yeah I am just gonna ignore the burning feeling in my chest because you said I didn't have to listen to it. That's like saying I can live on with a flipping stab wound!"

"Sorry, sorry!" He laughs while scratching the back of his head with his human arm, "I didn't think about that. Hey, where is Al?"

"Hmm, oh he isn't here? I thought he'd be by your side the while time..." I mumble, "I'll go look for him, stay here and don't do anything stupid."

He nods his head as I leave the hospital room and I go on an adventure to find the giant suit of armor. I find him almost instantly in a dark hallway.

"What are you doing out here...?" I ask as I sit next to him on the bench, "Ed finally woke up, don't you wanna check up on him?"

"Maybe later," He answers, halfheartedly like he doesn't want to see Ed right now.

"Hey, what is wrong?"

"Nothing I'm fine."

I chuckle, "Yeah, OK. If you're angry that he almost got himself killed in that stupid lab I agree he is a stupid idiot. Though I heard you were fighting your own battle outside. Did you win?"

He remains silent for a few seconds before speaking again, "The person I was fighting was also just a suit of armor."

"Really?!" I gasp, "What on- How? Why? Did they tell you?"

"He was a murderer and the people running that lab stuck him in the suit...but he told me something while fighting. He said there would be no way for him to tell if he was really a killer while in his human body if it weren't for his want to kill. He then said that I might just be a suit of armor stuffed with a fake soul and memories...I don't have any impulses like he does. Do you think that Brother, Winry, and Granny lied to me?"

I sigh, "I understand why you would think that, but does it really matter? So what if he lied to you about your memories, what matters is he cares about you. He has almost died for you - on multiple occasions! Are you really gonna doubt that he loves you? Because that is just...cruel. Also, I don't think he would ever do that. You've spent so long with him in that form, haven't you got any trust in him? Don't you remember how he was like during recovery four years ago? Slumped in that wheelchair, vulnerable, but determined? You can't tell me those were fake...you remember them, Ed remembers them, Winry remembers them."

"You're right...you're right, but how do you know? What if the memories of mom was all a lie? I want to know who I actually was before, I don't want fake memories. What if they are laughing behind my back? Saying that I am too gullible or something. What if I am only here to protect Ed? What if my only purpose is to help him get his original body back? What if after he gets his back he'll get rid of me?"