Sword Art Online - Kirtito/Kazuto Part 2

( _Crystal_Plays_ )

I wake up groggily and brush my hand through my hair - or try to. My hand instantly comes in contact with a metal shield and it takes me a few seconds to realize I'm in the real world.

I quickly take off the Nerve gear and look around fully.

Surely a doctor or nurse will notice I'm alive, right? Wait...I remember what happened now. Kazuto died in the game after seeing Asuna die, but still managed to beat the boss?

So Kazuto is dead...I can't believe it...I mumble as I stare at my lap in utter shock.

Before a second passes a few doctors enter my room and they do their thing, making aure I'm healthy and stuff.

After that my parents run into my room as happy as can be - even in tears - and attack me with a few hundred hugs.

"Is (R/N) awake...?" I ask my mom.

"She is," Mom nods her head, "But I would rather you not go see her."

"Is Kazuto awake?" I ask.

"Kazuto...?"

"A boy from my school...he should be in the hospital since he lives around here."

"I don't know...probably. Did you know him?"

"We talked a few tines before the game...but we really got close during it."

"I'm sure he is fine then."

"I am gonna go ask the front desk." I say as I swing my legs to the side if the bed.

"Wow, sweetie!" Dad yells, "You can't be walking around yet! It has been two years your legs are probably still numb."

"Then can I get a wheel chair?" I snap as tears swell up in my eyes.

"What happened in that game?"

"Just let me see him...I need to know if he is OK or not...I need to know."

"What happened?" Dad repeats.

"Kazuto killed the final boss and set us all free...but was stabbed right after. He has to be OK, he has to be."

"What is your relationship with this boy?" Dad asks, protectively.

"Forget that and get me a wheelchair, god damn it!"

"Sweetie," Mom reassures dad,"Just do it."

Dad reluctantly complies and speed walks out of the room.

Two minutes pass as me and my mother sit in silence waiting for my father to get back before a knock is heard at my door.

Mom looks at me and smiles, "It must be him," Before standing from her spot next to me and opening the door.

The sight of (R/N) in a wheelchair and Kazuto leaning up against his mobile monitor sends a chill down my spine.

"Oh my god." I mumble as I see how bony and scary Kazuto looks, but I'm sure I look way worse than him...to be honest his long hair makes him look sort of like a girl, which makes me laugh.

"Wh-Whats so funny?" He asks as he comes into the room and sort of rudely takes my moms seat. I guess it must be tiring to stand...but really was that necessary?

"You look like a girl."

"Ha-Ha!" He laughs, "At least I have the willpower to stand."

"I haven't tried, thank you very much."