Assassination Classroom - Karma

~ Technically ~

"She's been acting strange, right?" I whisper to my wife as I watch my daughter curl herself into a ball and sit on the couch. I've asked her many times as to what is wrong, but she's yet to answer. She's been doing this every day for weeks now. "This isn't just me, right?"

"No," She agrees in a hushed voice, "It's not just you... I'll go talk to her."

"She won't respond...she hasn't been."

My wife hums and despite my warning goes up to talk to her. She starts off by clearing her throat, bending over, and sighing, "(Y/n), sweetie, your father and I are very worried about you...can you tell us what is wrong?"

(Y/n) simply hums in response and yet again my heart gets crushed. I hate seeing my only daughter like this. I have no idea as to what is making her feel this way or what is causing this, buts it's devastating. I don't know if she's eating, drinking, or sleeping right, it's terrifying.

I am terrified.

"Is it your boyfriend at school?" My wife asks and I have to stop myself from scoffing as if my angel would like a mere boy. They're so below her, she should definitely stay single for life! It's the only way she'll stay safe.

My daughter hums again, "Not yet..." She mumbles. My wife whips her head around to look at me and giant grins spread across our faces. This is the first time she's spoken to us in days.

"Not yet?" My wife asks, trying to press for more, "What do you mean not yet?"

"I mean...he doesn't like me...and he probably never will," She says and though we can't see her face past her knees, I can tell just by the small red of her forehead and ears she is crying. I may not be the best father in the world, but I know my daughter and I know that she is not OK.

I suck in my fear of ruining it and approach the pair. My wife tries to shoo me, but I don't give up. I know that if I don't try now I'll never be able to. "How do you know?" I ask while taking a seat on the floor right beside my wife. "What if he does like you?"

"He says he likes...Okuda..."

My wife chuckles, "Oh please. Boys are stupid, has he made a move on her yet?"

"Well...no..." (Y/n) says while peeking her eyes over her knees.

"Then he's still fair game. Your father did the same thing to me, but if you think I let that stop me you're dead wrong. He was trying to make me jealous, look where we are today!"

"I was not trying to make you jealous...."

My wife gives me an offhanded glare before letting out a sweet laugh. It's music to my ears and though we're old and greying, I'll never ever get sick of that beautiful laugh. It's the best thing I've ever heard and I'm so lucky to be able to hear it every day, "Please," she says, dragging me out of my thoughts, "You said you like (D/n), the most hated girl in our class! I knew you were lying the second you said it."

"I was still not trying to make you jealous. At the time I actually thought I liked her, but whenever we went on that date together I changed my mind real fast."

"You went on a date with her?!" My wife screams, "Since when?"

"Let's focus on our daughter, sweetie," I say while pointing at our crying daughter and though the aversion worked for now I know it will be brought back up later. I just dug my own grave, dear Lord please save me.

A short silence is shared between us before (Y/n) speaks again, "But no one hates Okuda...she's sweet, smart, and pretty...I don't compare to her."

"Hey," My wife says while grabbing onto our daughter's shoulders, "Don't ever, and I mean ever, say that ever again. She might seem like she's in a whole other league, but she has just as many flaws as you have good traits. It seems unfair now, but it isn't."

"But I feel like a bad person if I try...he likes someone else... wouldn't it be rude of me to ask him out too? Wouldn't that stress him out?"

"That's a fair concern, but you have just as much a right to be happy as he does. You don't have to worry about his feelings right now. You are allowed to try to be happy, confess to him regardless...unless he's dating someone in which case don't because then you will be a bitch."

"Are you sure it'll be alright for me to try?"

"Of course," I say, "What's the harm in trying? At least you won't have any regrets, right?"

She looks up at us, revealing her red puffy eyes and even though the remains of tears are everywhere, a big huge grin spreads across her face. I love her so much and I would die for her in an instant.

---

"Mom, dad," (Y/n) says while walking into the kitchen with a red-haired boyfriend following behind her. "Meet my boyfriend, Karma."