Durarara - Izaya

I sat on my bed tossing a tennis ball into the air while Izaya works on the ground. I catch him glaring at me, but don't say anything and just let him be. I toss the tennis ball a few more times before I get a phone call.

I groan before sitting up and grabbing my cell phone, "Hello?"

"Bastard," I hear and I shoot a glare towards Izaya who is holding his own phone against his ear.

I roll my eyes and hang up the phone, "What do you want?" I ask while throwing my tennis ball at him. He catches smoothly without a problem and tosses it back. I stand from my bed before kneeling down at my table next to him.

"Help me with our project," He growls, "I don't want to fail because of you."

"What do you mean?" I growl back, "I've done my part already it's all up to you now." I drop the tennis ball onto the table before stretching and laying down on the floor. "Good luck."

He kicks my leg and steals my slipper away from me, "Oh yeah? Why aren't seven and ten answered yet?"

"Give me that!" I snap while shooting up and reaching for my slipper. "I swear I did those two!"

"Nope," He pops, "They are both empty." I take the paper from him and he smirks like the devil he is as I slam the paper back down on the table.

"You filthy liar!" I hiss while reaching for the knife in my back pocket, "I could slit your throat right now, you know that right?"

"You could, you love me too much though," He points out while pulling out his own knife.

I roll my eyes before pressing my knife against his wrist in a flash, "If you make one wrong more you lose a hand, got it?"

He winks without batting an eye while lifting the knife from his skin with his other hand. "Aye, aye, captain. You know you don't have to be the she-devil everyone thinks you are. Just because you are the daughter of a gang leader doesn't mean you have to follow in his footsteps."

"That's true," I chuckle, "But I want to follow in my dad's footsteps. He has made my life awfully easy and I'd love to do the same for my children. Besides life is a lot easier if you're feared, I don't have to worry about being bothered."

He simply hums, "I don't fear you," He says after a second.

I shrug, "I'm gonna head out. Leave whenever you want, don't touch my stuff I'll end your life if you do," I say before standing, dusting off my pants and leaving my room. My maid runs out from behind her room.

"Do you need anything, m'lady?"

"No," I say while forcing a sweet smile. My maid and my mom are the only people I don't act hard towards because they are the closest people to me. I would act that way to father, but he's too strict on me being mean. "I'm just gonna head out, is father home?"

"He is," She nods her head, "He actually called for you awhile ago, but your friend is here so I asked for him to wait. Are you done? Did your friend leave?"

"No he's still in there, I'm just bored. I'll see father now, he's in his study as always, I assume?" I ask while walking over there without hesitation, it's obvious. I knock on the door, but don't wait for an answer and walk straight in. My dad is playing pool and smoking some cigars with some of his gang members. What a stereotypical thug. "You called for me?"

"An hour ago," He responds while placing his cigar onto the corner of his ashtray. "Sit, have a drink."

"You know I am underage still, father, but I'd gladly take a glass." I chuckle while approaching him. Despite his career choice and strict behavior we are really close. He tends to be on the straightforward side of things while I am more sly. We compliment each other well and he often comes to me with advice during gang wars. It's fun.