Host Club - Tamaki

Gonna be completely honest...I wasn't feeling this chapter very much lol.

--

"A rose, my lady?" Tamaki says while offering me a red rose, which only results in me rolling me eyes.

I push the petals away from my face and glare at the blonde, which results in him giving me his signature heart throb of a smile.

"We need to focus on studying, Tamaki, not your stupid flowers."

He gasps, "Flowers are not stupid! They're romantic."

--

"(Y/n)," Tamaki says and for the first time in the four years I have known him, I can hear the desperation in his voice. He isn't joking, he isn't playing. I look at him, like, I really look at him. His usually playful, light eyes are a lot darker than usual.

I'm not saying that he is evil, but he is definitely different. He looks like he hasn't slept in days, he looks angry and sad and nervous all at the same time. I've known Tamaki for along time and he is not a person that gets nervous.

He's impulsive and confident, a bit sensitive at times, but never nervous, at least never this outwardly.

He hands me another rose, it's the same as it always is, but for some reason this make some blush. The handing of the flower over time, the way our fingers lightly brush together as I pull it into my hand. It feels more intimate than it usually does, I guess I've grown so detached to the exchange that I never realized how truly romantic the gesture is.

I look from the red rose back up to his face and see that his hair falls flat onto his face, a look that looks absolutely stunning, but doesn't fit him. Tamaki has this princely aura to him, he always has. I think it's that kind smile and bright blonde hair that really brings it out, but with his hair like that you wouldn't know it. He's gorgeous, of course he is, but not in the way he normally is.

"Will you go out with me?" He asks and my heart skips a beat. He's never out right asked me before. It's always been a tug of war with flirting. He'd flirt and pull me in, I'd dismiss him and pull him in. He was always drawn to the mysterious and me not liking him in the way other girls did drove him mad.

I sigh and extend the flower back out to him, which said all that he needed to know, but he didn't grab onto it. He didn't take the flower back from me, he just looked down at it with a sad expression that had no business being there.

I wanted to take it back, pull him into a tight hug and never let go, but that wasn't my place. I'm not the one for him, he deserves better. The somber tension around us grew as we looked at one another.

Tamaki reached for the flower at last, ready to accept that he needed to give up on me and accept rejection. I had to fight the urge to pull the flower out of his reach and hold it for the rest of time, but i needed to let go just as much as he did.

I had been getting flowers from him for years, sometimes everyday, sometimes more than one a day. It was sweet, it was tradition, it is what kept me sane all this time. Maybe I should have ended it back then, nipped it in the bud from the very start, but I liked it. It made me feel wanted, needed even.

Like I'm different from everyone else he talks to, I'm not some random girl to him, I'm (Y/n) (L/n), the girl he gives flowers to everyday.

"Tamaki," I say as he takes the flower out of my tight grip, he looks at me, a twinkle of Hope in his eyes. "I hope we can still be friends," I say to try and lighten him up.

He opens his mouth to say something and I fear for what it might be. He's the nicest person that I know, but even he has his limits. He closes his mouth and gives me a small, forced smile and it hurts more than whatever he could have said would have. He could have said anything and it'd have hurt less than that.