One Punch Man - Saitama

rhinorider Uhhh he's super OOC in this, but I sort of rushed it bc it's been in my list forever. Sorry

PS, I swear I read your user name as riderofrhinos like twenty times and I'm spooked. I'm either stupid or something is up. Probs the former.

----

"What can I get someone who has everything?" Saitama asks himself as he wanders around the supermarket, trying to think up the perfect gift for his fiance's birthday.

Genos looks over a counter of rings, but even though they're pretty, Saitama shoos him away. Those rings are too expensive and too worthless to (Y/n) due to her wealth. Saitama imagines that he should give her something beautiful. Breathtakingly beautiful, something that will come to at least halfway her beauty—if that is even possible.

Maybe I can cook for her? He thinks, but the idea is quickly washed away. He's not the best cook and if she wanted good cooking she could just go to a fancy restaurant.

Maybe I can take her on a date? He thinks, but just like the first time he forgets about it. They already go on dates every day and he wants this to be special, he wants her to feel special. She's an amazing girl and the fact alone that she chose him makes his heart skip a beat.

"Sensei," Genos says, grabbing the attention of the bald headed hero, "can't you just give her this?"

Saitama looks at what is in his hand, he scrunches his face up for a second and looks down at it, "What is it?"

Genos deadpans for a second before explaining, "It's a marble. I read somewhere that if you collect the exact number of marbles to the number of days you've been dating and give it to your significant other as a gift, you'll both get good luck. It's also a romantic gesture as well."

"That's a bit..."

"Or," Genos says, "you could ask her on a date."

"I already do that."

"But it's (Y/n). She'll be happy no matter what you guys do."

Saitama looks over Genos for a second, halfway baffled that he said that. Saitama is aware of the type of person (Y/n) is and he does know she she would get excited at the sheer thought of hanging out, but he doesn't want to be that simple. She deserves the world and all he can give her is a simple date?

(Y/n) could be with any man she chooses to be—having been born and raised in a high class family and being one of the heroes in S class—but she chose to be with Saitama. Like stated before, it makes his heart skip a beat.

He's never felt this way with anyone and he truly hates the feeling. He had to fall for someone that could leave him at any given time for no reason and no need for an explanation. She's rich and powerful, that's all the explanation she needs.

"I'll get the marbles," Saitama says while snatching the jar from Genos and making their way over to the check out line. Whenever they're done shopping and they make it to Saitama's apartment, they brace themselves before opening up the door. A dark black fog instantly hits their eyes as the door opens all the way, Saitama quickly enters fully and goes into the kitchen to see (Y/n) standing over the stove.

She giggles nervously while showing off the pan in front of her, "I tried making...pancakes," she says and a sigh exits Saitama's mouth. The black heep of burnt batter and plastic—from the spatula she used—stuck to the pan and was nearly impossible to come off, but with lots of effort the three of them got it unstuck.

"Sorry," (Y/n) giggles again, "I really didn't mean to burn it or ruin your spatula."

"It's fine," Saitama says after cleaning the pan. "I don't think we have enough time to cook what I had planned though."