Sword Art Online - Kirito

"Sometimes," My girlfriend says as she presses her fist lightly into my chest, "you're just...too much for me."

"What does that mean?" I ask, grab onto her wrist and try to stop her from punching me another time. I don't know what she is talking about, just this morning she was acting normal. She was so happy and smiley, what happened?

She looks up at my eyes with her tear stained face before looking back down, "You're... constantly surrounded by girls, I know that you say you like me, but... it's just too much Kirito. You can't have girls flock to you every chance they get and still have me as a girlfriend, I'm sorry. I think...we need a break. You need to figure things out, maybe when you do we can get back together, for now, I need a break."

"Break?" I ask as she tugs her arm away and nods her head. I stand there for a few extra seconds, confused, distraught, and annoyed. Had I seriously been stressing (Y/n) out that much? The bell rings, she apologizes again, and heads off to class, leaving me there all alone.

---

"A break," I say as I lean over the table and massage the temples of my heads, stress having long taken over me. "I thought we were doing fine, yesterday we were fine. Apparently, we're not fine?" I say and look up towards (B/n) who just shrugs. "You're her best friend, give me something here!"

He shrugs again and sips at his juice box—that I bought him in hopes of getting him to talk. He places his finger onto his lip as if he's in thought before slamming his fist into the palm of his other hand and smiling. I lean forward to see what he has to say, but he just shrugs again.

I groan and slam my head against a nearby wall, it was useless after all. Only (Y/n) can get this guy to talk, it was pointless of me to even think I could try. I groan and make my way out of (Y/n)'s classroom, if she saw me here she'd surely be angry.

What does she expect from me though? I'm not allowed to have friends that are girls but she can have guy friends? That seems a bit unfair. I know that (B/n) and her have known each other for years and I have no reason to be jealous of him, but still. Why should I be the one to sacrifice something for our relationship?

I make my way to the vending machines in hopes that I could buy something that could calm me down. (Y/n) is probably right, I do hang out with other girls too much. I should respect her more and tell the others that I need them to stay out of my personal space more often.

I nod my head and make it to the vending machines. Maybe I should buy her something, that would surely persuade her to forgive me. I insert my money and press the two buttons for the drinks that I want. I chuckle to myself but am cut off by the sound of giggling just to the other side of the corner.

I stand in shock for a few seconds. I know that laugh anywhere...what is she doing in our secret spot? I mentally kick myself as I take the two steps to look around the corner.

(Y/n) and some mystery guy squished together in a tight hug, both grinning like idiots. "A break?" I scoff just loud enough for her to hear and turn to me. We make eye contact but before she can release from her guy, he pulls her back in. "A break my ass," I growl, turn away, grab my drinks, and head to class.

A break? Seriously? If she wanted to see other people she should have told me. A break? Ha! She just wants me to think that I still have a chance, well she isn't fooling me anymore. A break. I should have been the one to break up with her. I should have spit in her face, protested. I should have stopped her. I should have loved her more!

I should have seen that I wasn't giving her he attention she needs. Now she's in another person's arms, smiling bigger than she ever did with me. Tears threaten to fall from my eyes as I make the slow walk back to my classroom. My life isn't a love story because if it was she'd come running after me, but she didn't.