UNFINISHED - No Game No Life - Sora

I look over some of the merchandise on the shelf, feeling uncomfortable and uneasy. For some reason the atmosphere in the store today is off, it's darker, and I feel the eyes of a few unsavory characters on me. The shop is always filled with a dark energy, but today it's gone up by tenfold.

I've never liked the feeling of being watched or being under any form of attention, yet here I am being watched like a zoo animal. I turn my head a few inches to see if I can spot the person staring at me, but I don't. I look back at the shelf and decide that I should hurry with my purchase.

I grab the first figurine and turn to buy my item, Sora isn't going to like the one that I chose, but it's not my fault. The man behind the counter smiles at me as I get there, "How is your day ma'am?" He asks.

I smile, "It's going OK, and you?"

"Good," he replies and I hand him the money required. "By the way," he says, dragging my attention back to him, "I like your shirt, it's Blank merch, right? I love that channel."

"Yeah it is, surprised there is a fan here," I tell, grab my bag and wave goodbye. That was strange, maybe it was just him who was staring me down like a hawk ready for dinner.

That has to be it.

Except it isn't, because I'm halfway home and the staring is still as obvious as it was the first time. I look around me, fear overwhelming me. I pull out my phone and dial Sora, with any luck he won't be making a YouTube video right now.

"Hello?" He answers immediately, "Did you need something, (Y/n)?"

"Yes," I respond, "I'm going to head to your place right now, is that OK?"

"But you've never-"

"I know, but this is important. Please."

He remains silent for a few seconds, obviously thinking over the idea of me coming over. I've called him a few times, I know what he looks like and I know the state his apartment is in, so there is no real reason why I shouldn't. I guess he probably wants the experience to be special, but I really need his comfort and I'm tired of having our relationship purely over the phone.

It isn't like the option to hang out isn't there, we live in the same city. The only reason we don't is because he's too scared to and I understand, I've been understanding for two years now, but right now I desperately need sanctuary.

"Alright..." He mumbles, "I'll clean up a bit."

"No need," I sigh and reroute myself so that I head towards his apartment. It took months to get him to tell me where he lives, I only ever used it to send him gifts or the occasional meal so we could pretend to be on a dinner date. Actually, no I think I liked our over the phone dinner dates way more than I ever did my face to face ones with my exes. Maybe that's because we always did them in the comfort of our own homes and we didn't have to try as hard with our appearances.

"I am fully aware that the place will smell like a dumpster."

"It got worse," I hear Shiro say in the back ground.

"Shiro, sh!"

"Hey, I'm almost there so no I'll help out. No worries," I tell as I get to the stairs leading up to their apartment. The feeling of being watched never leaves me, I'm already almost there...it can't hurt to take a glance at what is following me.

I clench my hand into a fist and take a peak over my shoulder. I wish I could say that a grinning man was standing right behind me, but there wasn't. No man, no person I sight in fact. OK...maybe I'm over reacting. "I'm just outside," I tell and go up the stairs in a hurried manner.

My brain is telling me that I'm crazy, but the rest of me is still telling me that I'm in danger. Someone is behind me, somewhere causing my heart to pound out of my chest. "Really?" He asks and I hear a door swing open. "I don't see you."

I grin and hang up as I see him stick his head out, which soon follows with Shiro's head popping out directly under his. They're so cute together. I sick in my breath and skip over to him, "Hey, babe!"

He remains silent, his face unreadable. Maybe he's disappointed in me, I mean we have only talked over the phone. Maybe this is too much for him, he was obviously nervous over the phone. I should have just gone to someone else's house, why was my first thought to come here? Stupid, stupid!

"Who the Hell are you?" He snarls and exits the door. I raise my hands up in an attempt to calm him down.

"I'm (Y/n), your g-"

"No not you," He says and comes by my side, clasping my shoulders and pulling me closer to him. I turn myself around despite his grip and look at what he was talking about. "You," Sora snarls and points at the man.

"I was right!" I shout an almost smile crossing my lips now, I love being right. I mean, sure, my life might have been at risk, but who cares about that?

The man raises his hand, "I live here."

"No you don't," Shiro adds, "I know everyone that lives here. No one's leases end for at least another four months."

"I mean, I'm visiting someone that lives here."

"Oh, but Mrs. (X/n) and (Y/n) are the only two that leave on this floor. They don't usually have visitors over, they always complain that their apartment is too tiny for a guests."

"Well I'm an exception."

"Just leave," Sora speaks up, "We know that you don't belong here so if you stay any longer then we'll have no choice but to call the police."

The man nods his head and leaves.

"Is that why you wanted to come by so badly?" Shiro asks.

"Shiro, don't ask that," Sora warns, "she obviously just wanted to see my-"

"Yeah," I confess, causing my boyfriend to grasp his heart in fake pain, "it was freaking me out so...I came by. I hope it wasn't too much trouble."

"I'm happy you trusted me with this," He says, "I...have been wanting to meet you for a long time too. Now let's go inside, I haven't been out in three weeks and the sun is severely hurting my eyes."