Assassination Classroom - Karma

School starts up again TOMORROW and I've been trying my darndest to go to sleep earlier, but my body will not PHYSICALLY allow me to do that, so here I am at five in the morning, posting a chapter despite me saying I was going on hiatus. I'm posting this because it's been done for like a month now and even though I'm on break I have no self control and had to finish editing it rn.

---

I press my hand against the cold metal door and peeked my head inside. The smell of freshly baked cookies hit my nose very sharply and I have to hold my stomach to prevent it from growling. I push the door all the way open and enter, determined to find the book I need.

I look through one section for a few seconds before a bell at the front counter starts ringing, "(Y/N), I know you're in here," the person ringing it says in a loud enough voice for me to hear but not loud enough to disturb the other shoppers. I let out a small whine before I go to the counter, the (hair color) haired woman leans over the counter and stares back at me.

I allow a smile to take over my lips and even though I want to run away I stand my ground—just barely though. I give her a short wave as her piercing eyes shoot through me like an arrow, "He-Hey, mom."

She sighs, presses her forefinger and thumb to her temples before looking back at me with those same scary eyes, "Why are you here, (Y/N)?"

I shrug, "Wanted a book...you're the only shop that has all my favorite books."

"(Y/N)," She says while tapping her long nails against the wooden desk she is sitting at and even though she is sitting down she is almost the same size as me, "If your father saw you here he'd kill me."

"I-I know...but I need a book really bad."

"OK," She says while leaning her cheek into the palm of her hand, "What kind of book do you need?"

I pause for a second before sighing,"OK...I don't really need a book, bu-but I need advice that dad can't help me with."

"Boy troubles?" She asks as a small smile finally crosses her face. I haven't seen my mom in a few months and though she doesn't hate me for living with my dad, she is kind of cold towards me. I'm happy she looks happy. "I'm more than happy to help you with boys, or anything for that matter! If it means I'm better than that God forsaken father of yours that is. Oh, but I want to help you too of course!"

I let out a small chuckle before nodding my head, "Yea-ah...so there is this boy... we've been dating for awhile now and...I want to surprise him with something pretty to wear... I'm scared to ask my friends because they'll go crazy finding me a dress...I don't want to stress them out."

"But you want to stress me out?" She jokes and even though I know she is joking I nod my head. She presses her finger into her lip before nodding her head, "OK. After my shift we can go clothes shopping. Wait around for about thirty minutes and I'll meet you in a bit."

---

"Karma," I say while walking up to the cinema where we promised to meet up at. He smiles at me when he sees me and offers his hand out to me. I grab onto it and we both enter the theater, "I hope you weren't waiting long."

He shakes his head, "No, I just got here, you look beautiful, by the way, maybe too beautiful..."

"Karma," I groan while whacking him in the chest. He let's out a chuckle before we get to the counter to order some drinks. "(Drink)," I tell the person behind the counter.

Karma tells him his drink and the guy hands us our cups. Karma pays and before we leave I wave goodbye to the guy, "Bye, (R/N)," before we head towards the screening room.