Fairy Tail - Loke

-Reader is male in this one- -Loke's point of view-

'"(Y/N), this is Loke, total player don't fall for him. Loke, this is (Y/N), totally gay, don't worry he doesn't fall for everyone he meets." Lucy smiled as she introduced us to one another.

"I have other gay friends, thank you very much," I snaped at her, slightly annoyed she invited another person to my party.

"It's a pleasure to meet you," He said while giving me a genuine smile and sticking his hand out for me to shake.

I nodded my head, grabed his hand and shook before saying, "The pleasure is all mine," out of sheer instinct from picking up girls at the bar.

He laughed and at the time it wasn't anything special, but looking back on it that laugh and all the laughs that followed has really been my will to live.

After he laughed at my instinctive flirt I blushed slightly before storming away to go flirt with some random girl. I chose my girl properly - alone, slightly drunk, and smoking hot - before approaching her.

I sat on the bar stool next to the pink haired girl I decided to flirt with and ordered a drink before turning to her and starting up a conversation, "New to the whole bar scene?"

"Hu-Huh? What...what makes you th-think that?" She asked, blushing like a tomato and almost shaking.

I chuckled, "No girl comes to a bar wearing jeans and a tee shirt unless they are utterly new," I pointed out as I take a drink from my glass.

She sighed before taking the tiniest sip from her drink, "I just turned twenty-one yesterday, so I am just barely allowed to drink. I don't know how to do this stuff..."

"You mean you've never tried sneaking into a bar?" I asked, genuinely curious, "I didn't know there were still well behaved girls like you still out there."

She blushed and opens her mouth to speak before my future husband barged into the scene and started talking to the girl, "Hi, I know you don't know me, but this man right here is the worst person you could ever meet. He will take you back to his place, do unspeakable things, then kick you out without a second thought."

The girl grunted angrily before dumping the contents of her glass over top of me and storms away.

"What the hell, man?!" I yell as I now glare at (Y/N). "Why'd you do that?"

"It isn't right to 'pick up chick' it is just gross." He says with a shiver of obvious disgust before sighing and heading back to the table where Lucy, Natsu, and Gray sat.

I grabbed my drink and followed him over to where the others were, "Listen, I'm sure you are new to the whole bar scene too, this is where girls come to get 'picked up'."

He stoped halfway to the table and turned to me, "No girl comes to a bar just to do that. I don't know why you have such a low standard for girls, but I'm sure getting 'picked up' isn't high on their list."

"Right, what other reason would they come here other than to get lucky?"

He smirked and at the time I thought he was gonna give me some crap about drinking with friends and having fun, but he went close up to my ear and said, "Is that why you go to the bar?" And turned on his heels without a look back at me before starting a conversation with the others as he didn't just diss my entire lineage.

A few seconds after the insult I recovered and went up to the table of laughing adults and the night went on from there.

Years passed since that day and every time we went out to the bar he would intervene anytime I tried hitting on a girl. I had finally gotten into the routine of us arguing over girls that I was beginning to give up all together, but for some reason he changed.