Seven Deadly Sins - Meliodas Part 2

"Soon enough I'll die, Meliodas, what will you do then?" The voice rings in my mind. Her sad tone, her shaky hands, her tear stained cheeks. They all haunt me day in and day out. The one girl that I loved that wasn't a reincarnation of Elizabeth.

I miss her. I should go visit her soon, before she leaves for good. She's, what, 83 years old now? Humans sure do die fast. 

"You thinking about (Y/N) again?" King asks and I look over to him. I don't say anything, I don't have to. He knows what I'm thinking about, he doesn't even have to ask. "You should take a break to go visit her. She probably misses you, you haven't visited in...what...ten years?"

"Yeah, ten years...she wouldn't want to see me. I should just leave her be."

"No way, dude," Ban says while walking up behind us. "You need to visit her before she dies."

I sigh and nod my head, but for some reason I can't shake the feeling that i shouldn't. I feel like it's a terrible idea, maybe it's because I'll just bring trouble into her life, maybe it's because I don't want to burden her.

Over the next few weeks I made my way back to the small town that she lived in. My trip was surprisingly smooth, I wasn't attacked once. I'm glad for that at least.

When I got to the town I saw one of (Y/N)'s grand children. She was running around a little boy around a year younger than her. I wave to her and she smiles before running up to me. "Grim!" She shouted, "I missed you!!"

I ruffle her hair before asking the big question, "Where is your grandma?"

She smiles big before jumping out of my arms and racing into the nearest house. I reluctantly enter behind her, I go into the small room that she went into and in the middle of the room was a bed. The only thing is that it's empty. I feel the blanket, it's still kind of warm. "Granny!" The girl yells and from the closet we hear a low groan. We open the door to see that she is in there folding clothes. "Granny, you're supposed to stay in bed."

"Gah, that's so boring. I'd rather wear out my old lady bo...nes to death than die of boredom. I still got some... life in me."

"Gran," The girl says, "You need to get back in bed."

"Fine, fine," She says while grabbing her cane and helping herself off of the ground with the help of the wall. She wobbles her way over towards us and when I help her walk she hits me away. "I may be old, but I am no weakling. Do not treat me differently."

She walks her way over towards the bed and takes a seat on it, despite her absolute disdain for it. "What's with the sudden visit?"

"It's been awhile, is it so bad that I wanted a visit? If you're planning on helping on the farm again the...n there is no problem, otherwise I don't wish to see you."

"I'll help with the farm."

"For how long? A week? A month? Up until I die? Just so you know I've got years of life in me left...so if that's what you're pla...nning you might as well just go back."

"Gran," The girls says, "Please rest, you might faint again."

"Yeah yeah," She says while laying down and pulling the covers over her head. I sigh and leave the house entirely, I should get her some snacks. What was he favorite again? (Fruit)? I think that's it.

After that I helped around the town. I helped on the farm and I fixed up (Y/N)'s house. Even though I helped around so much and showered her with presents, she never opened up to me again. Not while she was bed ridden for a week with a high fever, not while I helped her plant flowers, not even when I helped her daughter cook dinner. Never did she open up to me.