Rewrite - Attack on Titan - Levi

~Present Day, With no man-eating titans (titans, but they ain't monsters and are pretty cool, sometimes...)~

"(Y/N) you want to join us for lunch?" Petra asks me while leaning into my desk so that my attention can be dragged away from my computer screen and back to hers. I turn towards her, never taking my hand off of my computer mouse or keyboard.

I give her a faint chuckle before turning my head back to the monitor, giving it a very brief look over while I speak.  "Oh, I was thinking of working through lunch."

"Aren't you hungry?" She asks with what I can only assume is a worried look—it's the same one she gives me every day. Though I don't even take the time to look up at her, I need to make sure this is perfect.

"No. I wanted to make sure my article is perfect before showing it to Levi," I answer while giving her and the others a short wave goodbye.

She pauses before turning to leave with the others, her high heels clicking against the hardwood floor is all I need to hear to know she's leaving. "Alright." She says as her high heels hitting the floor mixes with Eld, Oluo, and Gunther's and they head off for lunch.

I turn back to my computer and re-re-re-read my article. I double check facts, double check spelling, double check names, double check punctuation, double check grammar. I double check anything and everything, anything that even remotely sounds wrong I change. I've sent this in too many times for it to just be sent back for me to mess up yet again. I'd probably actually die from embarrassment if I bother Levi with more garbage.

When I'm finally done I print out the final copy and stand from my desk. I stretch my arms over my head and pop my toes in my sneakers by squishing them together. I walk over to the printer and pluck the papers from the holder before exiting the room.

Hello, my name is (Y/n) and I work at a magazine company. The manager of my section is Erwin Smith while the editor is Levi Ackerman. Everything, and I mean everything, needs to be approved by Levi before it can be sent out to be printed. He is a tough cookie to crack, but Erwin is even harder. There is no saying what could actually make it or not and I'm not going to lie, it's kind of terrifying.

That fear is also building upon the fact that our company is sort of in a slump right now, due to our competitor Titan Expose. They are growing more and more popular every day and eventually my company, Scouts Daily—which is a dumb name because we release a magazine each month, but that's fine—will be forced out of business, making hundreds of people, including me, become unemployed.

I enter a nearby elevator and press one of the silver buttons. The elevator starts and I almost lose my footing as it goes up, but I hold onto the rail and compose myself. When I get to the sixth floor—the floor Levi and Erwin's offices are—I step off. The lady at the desk smiles at me before giving me the "OK" to go right on ahead. I knock on the door and hear a faint, "Come in."  I open the door and enter, unsure whether I should really be opening the door or not. I take off my shoes, knowing how it drives Levi mad when any mess is dragged into his office like a dead mouse a cat killed.

I bite my lower lip before walking over to his desk, the cold floor under my socked feet feels weird. Why are the floors this cold? I gulp down my nerves as I get to his desk and it over to him.

"Tch." He says, taking the paper and reading over it. My heart starts pounding, that is the tenth time I had to type that article if he tells me to redo it again I am actually gonna cry. He places it down on his desk. "Isn't it your lunch break?"

"H-Huh?" I ask and I curse myself for stuttering. I know I shouldn't beat myself up over it speaking as this is a stressful situation, but still, why you gotta do this now vocal cords? "Oh, yeah. I needed to make sure it was fine. So how is my article?"