Elizabeth

I woke up once more to my alarm at 07.30 and the smell of bacon wafting in from the kitchen. Lizzie's breakfasts and/or kisses on my face are my favourite wakeups, especially after a 5 am start courtesy of Mr Robbie Arnett.

"Y/N, darling, baby, light of my life, breakfast is nearly ready," Lizzie shouted from the kitchen.

I smiled as I went to make my way out to the kitchen where Lizzie was playing music and plating up the food she had made.

"Good morning love," I said, coming up behind her to give her a kiss on her shoulder, "smells amazing."

"Mhm, I'm glad. How did you sleep?" She asked, popping a piece of food in her mouth before walking over to the kitchen island.

"I slept well until I was rudely awoken by a drunk, Jesus dupe at the front door," I responded, half joking, half being serious.

Lizzie laughed out her nose and begun drinking her coffee, "oh before I forget, your um- your mum called."

"But she's in rehab," I said dropping my cutlery.

"Um, yeah that's what I thought," she responded.

I walked over to where my phone was placed on the side of the kitchen next to the kettle. It was hard to tell if the heat I was feeling was anxiousness, rage or the remaining steam from the boiling water as I looked down at my phone screen.

*2 missed calls from Mum*

"Fuck," I said under my breath, loud enough for Lizzie to hear, "I um- I'm going to get ready for work and um- I'll- yeah," I finished, walking towards the bedroom to get ready.

I heard Lizzie following me before standing to watch me in the doorway, "Y/N you're being very uncharacteristically quiet."

I heard her but I couldn't respond, her voice became muffled as I focused on the activity at hand. I was looking through my drawer to find my black jeans. I know I placed them in here. I literally did the washing two fucking days ago where else would they be?

"Fucks sake," I shouted before walking off towards my wardrobe to find a replacement before throwing my black linen trousers on the bed.

"Y/N take to me," Lizzie said, still staring at me.

I finished getting dressed and walked over to my vanity to brush my hair out. The last step to my morning routine before leaving the house. Ten minutes from now I would be sitting at my desk in the office, and it'll all be fine. It is fine. I am fine.

"Y/N stop!" Lizzie shouted as she placed her hands on my chest, "talk to me, what can I do."

"Nothing, I'm fine. I'm- I just need to go work," I said slowly pushing her hands off me.

"Y/N-"

"Will you be here when I get home Elizabeth?" I asked, not looking at her as I walked towards the front door.

"Um- maybe- I- Uh- I don't know," she said back cautiously.

"Okay see you later then," I said before walking out the front door, not bothering to look back and meet her eyes.

Elizabeth's POV

"Will you be here when I get home Elizabeth?" she asked, not looking at me at all as she walked towards the front door.

"Um- maybe- I- Uh- I don't know," I spoke back cautiously knowing that she only ever calls me Elizabeth when she's annoyed or just after we have sex and right now it was the latter.

"Okay see you later then," she said before walking out the front door, not bothering to look back and meet my eyes.

"For fucks sake Y/N," I said quietly as the door slammed behind her.