Kitchen

Y/N's POV

Lizzie spent a large amount of yesterday in silence, I didn't push her to talk because I knew she needed to sit with her feelings instead of discussing them. We only paused the movies when we needed to eat and then un-paused them when the food was ready. As soon as her head hit the pillow, she was asleep, breathing lightly with her head on my chest. I kissed her head and fell asleep shortly after. When I woke up, she was still asleep and cuddled into my side. I carefully removed myself from her grasp and walked downstairs to make her breakfast in bed.

"Alexa shuffle songs by Florence Pugh," I spoke, pulling out ingredients to make an omelette.

I woke up today, at least that much is true
I saw what people see
What a year this made of me
I tried a hundred times but each time I thought of you.

I hate myself
I hate myself
I fucking hate myself.

And I want days of pain
Oh, to feel the things I need
To pay off this shame
And I know that makes me broken.
I know that makes me weak
I guess I'll put my armour back on now.

I cracked the eggs into the bowel and mixed in the pre-cut vegetables (because I am a lazy bitch). Oiling the pan, I swayed my hips back and forth while listening to the sizzling of the oil mixing with the egg white.

"Alexa please play something more upbeat," I laughed.

"Playing 'Hold on' by Wilson Phillips."

I know there's pain (I know there's pain)
Why do you lock yourself up in these chains? (These chains)
No one can change your life except for you
Don't ever let anyone step all over you.

Just open your heart and your mind (Mmm)
Is it really fair to feel, this way inside? (Woah)

Someday somebody's gonna make you want to turn around and say goodbye
Until then, baby, are you going to let 'em hold you down and make you cry?
Don't you know? Don't you know, things can change
Things'll go your way
If you Hold On for one more day
Can you Hold On for one more day?
Things'll go your way
Hold On for one more day.

I bobbed my head along to the tune and sang quietly enough to not wake up Lizzie but loud enough to feel like I was at a concert. Finishing the omelette, I plated it up and smiled at my little masterpiece, squirting a small bit of ketchup on the side.

"Not bad Y/L/N," I mumbled to myself, placing a mug under the coffee machine.

I grabbed the plate and mug and started to make my way upstairs again. Slowly pushing the door open with my foot.

"Elizabeth, darling, light of my life; time to wake up," I mumbled in a sing-song voice, placing the food and coffee on the bedside table.

She groaned and smiled weakly, "what time is it?" she said groggily.

I crouched down and rested my chin on the mattress next to her head, "I love your morning voice," I smiled.

She laughed slightly and opened her eyes, "you're cute," she mumbled puckering her lips.

I kissed her gently and smiled myself, "it's 10 am, I made you an omelette and coffee."

"Mhm thank you baby," she groaned, sitting up, "did you uh-" she started laughing, "did you put salt and pepper in it?"

I scrunched my nose, "yeah- no I did not do that, was I supposed to?" I laughed.

She nodded her head and smiled, "yeah but it's okay, that's why you have me," she giggled, taking a bite, "still tastes good."