Hey there Delilah

We arrived home as the sun was setting on Sunday evening. Hey there Delilah by Plain White T's was playing from Lizzie's car speakers as we drove home.

"Cows," I said pointing to the field full of cows next to us.

Lizzie giggled and quickly looked over to the field of cows next to us, "they are cows," she said smiling.

I hummed in agreement and tapped my fingers along to the music. Lizzie was holding my hand and ran her thumb over the back of it.

Hey there, Delilah.
What's it like in New York City?
I'm a thousand miles away,
But girl tonight you look so pretty.
Yes, you do.
Times Square can't shine as bright as you.
I swear it's true.

I turned my head and looked at Lizzie with a soft smile, "oh it's what you do to me, oh it's what you do to me, oh it's what you do to me, oh it's what-"

"Hey Y/N- aww are you singing to me? Oh my god that's so cute," she said looking at me with a dazed smile.

I shook my head with a stupid love-struck giggle, "what were you going to say?" I asked.

"Oh I don't remember," she said shaking her head, "keep singing that was cute."

Hey there, Delilah.
I know times are getting hard,
But just believe me, girl.
Someday I'll pay the bills with his guitar.
We'll have it good.
We'll have the life we knew we would,
My word is good.

"We're about an hour out," she said squeezing my hand a little to get my attention.

I nodded with a yawn, "I might shut my eyes until we get home if you don't mind."

"Go ahead, I'll wake you up when we get back baby," she said with a small smile.

___

Elizabeth's POV

"Hey Lizard, how was the trip?" Ashley asked excitedly.

"Shhh I need you to keep your voice down, Y/N is asleep next door," I said.

"And you're hiding in the bathroom?" she asked.

"Look, the weekend was amazing, Y/N has been asleep since we got home last night and I need to talk to you before she leaves for work," I said quickly.

"What up Liz?" she asked, slightly concerned.

"I um, I've been up since 4 am throwing up," I said slowly.

"Oh my god- wait no never mind, Y/N does not have a penis," she said.

"Yeah um-"

"Y/N has a penis?" she asked.

"No Ashley, we um, we're trying-"

"YOU'RE TRYING TO HAVE A BABY OH MY GOD LIZZIE," she squealed down the phone.

"Shhhhhh Y/N is asleep what did I say," I giggled quietly.

"Right yeah sorry, why did you not tell us Elizabeth Chase?" she asked sternly.

"I just wanted to be sure before telling anyone but I dint know who to call-"

"Awwww," she said slowly.

"Will you let me finish?"

"Yeah, sorry go on," my sister said with a little giggle.