Happy Birthday

September 18th

"Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Mommy to beeeee, happy birthday to you," Lizzie sang as she entered our bedroom this morning.

I opened my eyes with a smile and let the smell of coffee invade my nose, "good morning," I groaned.

"I have coffee and some blueberry pancakes with a few candles for the birthday girl," Lizzie smiled, putting the plate on my lap.

"Thank you baby," I smiled, taking a sip of my coffee, "how did you sleep?"

"Like a woman who is 2/3 of her way through the longest pregnancy in the world," she replied with a smile, taking a sip of her drink.

"But a beautiful one," I smiled.

"Six months of a nine-month pregnancy and I'm bigger than my Mom when she was pregnancy with the twins ... can I just get her out of me already," she complained, leaning back on the headboard.

"She's going to be worth it," I smiled.

Lizzie hummed and smiled at me, "you did this to me," she said.

I nodded slowly, "you're welcome."

"Okay do you want your present now?" she said with a large smile, standing up and waddling over to the wardrobe where she pulled out a large box followed by two small bags.

"Lizzie ... I said nothing big," I spoke.

"It's not big," she smiled, placing a box on my lap that was probably as long as my legs and I'm 5'10.

"Lizzie, look at the size of it," I giggled.

"Just open it," she said tapping the box excitedly.

"Okay, okay," I laughed, taking the wrapping off the box, "oh my god Lizzie is this- YOU DIDN'T!!"

"I did," she smiled wide.

I looked down at the vintage 1980s string guitar that was looking back at me. I told her months ago that this was my dream present, and I can't believe she got it for me, it must have cost an arm and a leg, but she placed it on my lap like it was nothing.

"Lizzie I- I can't believe this, oh my god," I said, pulling it out of its box and holding it in my arms, strumming it slightly.

It was massively out of tune, but I did not care at all, I started tuning it and once it was perfect, I strummed it again.

"Blackbird singing in the dead of night, take these broken wings and learn to fly. All your life, you were only waiting for this moment to arrive," I sang as I strummed the chords.

"I love hearing you sing," Lizzie smiled with a nose scrunch.

"I love you, I love this, I- I can't believe you got me this," I smiled, kissing her lips softly.

"You're welcome," I smiled, "I'm glad you like it."

"Like it?! Lizzie ... look at how beautiful she is, I love it so much, this is the best gift I've ever received honestly."

"These two aren't as amazing but here," she smiled, handing me a little Pandora bag and another small black bag.

"You spent way too much money on me," I complained as I opened the first bag.

It was a ring with my birthstone, Sapphire, on the band. The rest of the ring was a floral design that wrapped around it.

"Aw Liz this is so cute," I said, sticking my bottom lip out and putting the ring on my thumb.