1989

"Can I be on aux?" I asked as we got in the car to go to Centre Parcs for our spa weekend.

"Of course," Lizzie said with a smile, passing me the chord to plug my phone in.

I pressed play on my Late Nights playlist and Harry Styles', Cinema began playing through the car speakers. I bopped my head to the tune as Lizzie put the car in drive and placed her hand on my thigh, moving us out of the driveway.

It's you
And I'm not gettin' over it.
Darlin', is it cool,
If I'm stubborn when it comes to this?
I guess we're in time.
If you're getting yourself wet for me.
I guess you're all mine,
You're sleeping in this bed with me.

I watched out the window as London passed us by. The weather in Cornwall is supposed to be mild this weekend as it was now early April time. The sun was beating through the window as it reflected off my sunglasses. I turned to look at Lizzie who was smiling as she bopped her head to the music, the words she was mouthing were not anything close to the lyrics which made me giggle slightly as she tried to act like she knew them.

"Baby can you pass me my sunglasses please?" she asked nodding towards her glove compartment.

I pulled out her signature Ray-Bands and gave them a little polish before passing them over to her. She turned to smile at me and placed them on her face before reaching her hand over to hold onto mine. I bought our hands to my lips and gave them a long kiss before smiling sweetly at my girlfriend who was driving the car with her hand on the top of the steering wheel like a raging lesbian.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" she asked looking over at me briefly.

"You look really gay right now," I said giggling.

"Fuck you Y/L/N, I thought you were going to say you loved me or some cute shit like that," she laughed.

"I do," I said looking at her, "love you I mean."

She nodded, "thanks for the clarification," she giggled.

I winked at her when she looked back over to me, earning a small smile.

"I love you too," she said after a little bit of silence.

I smiled and queued a song I know she knows.

Looking at it now,
It all seems so simple.
We were lying on your couch,
I remember.

"I LOVE THIS SONG," she shouted over the music, turning to look at me with a huge grin.

I laughed and turned the volume up higher, opening the window to allow the spring breeze to filter into the car as we drove down the motorway at 70mph.

You took a Polaroid of us,
Then discovered.
(Then discovered).
The rest of the world was black and white,
But we were in screaming colour.
And I remember thinking...

"ARE WE OUT OF THE WOODS YET?" I shouted looking at Lizzie to follow up with the next lyric.

"ARE WE OUT OF THE WOODS YET?" she sang.

"ARE WE OUT OF THE WOODS YET?" I followed.

"ARE WE OUT OF THE WOODS?" I sang with a huge smile.

Are we in the clear yet?
In the clear yet, good.

"This is definitely my favourite Taylor Swift album," she said turning down the music slightly.