Chapter VII

Walking in the middle of the hallway. I cannot help myself to be so occupied about things that are clouding up in my mind. There are things that I am confused at and things that I don't know about. It's confusing and exhausting.

I stood up outside the elevator waiting for it to go down so I wouldn't worry about having leg cramps again for walking from the ground floor to the fourth. I was so busy fidgeting my fingers that I didn't notice the elevator opening. I directly get in before it closes again leaving me behind no choice but to walk all the way from the stairs to my room.

I took my phone out and check the time. Few more minutes and my classes will start. I don't wanna be late again. I still cannot forgive Rebecca for making me skip class last time.

"Freen. Is that you?"

I froze on my spot. That voice. The voice that i've been longing to hear again and i've been avoiding. That voice that shatter pieces inside me, that voice that give me hope when I was in the middle of giving up before. 

The voice that I missed so much. That voice. His voice.

It's as if I am glued on the spot. That voice. The voice I've been longing but avoiding at the same time. The voice that I've been dying to hear again after the last two years, the voice that conveys everything about me. That voice.

It's the same voice I always wanna listen to everytime i'm exhausted at school and needed someone to cheer me up. That voice. It's his voice. It's his voice that could make me smile just by hearing it.

Turning around. I slowly look up at the person standing in front of me. It was in the mere seconds that my world stop spinninv when I saw his face again. He was smiling from ear to ear, his eyes is sparkling like he is staring at a diamond ahead. His eyes are glowing and so does his smile. I can't believe the person standing right in front of me is that one boy I loved the most.

And it was at that moment when the memories came rushing back again. Just a simple glimpse of his face conveys a lot of memories engraved in my mind.

"S-seng?" I replied. My heart is beating so fast seeing him again.

Seng, he was my ex-boyfriend. Well I don't really know how to address him since he suddenly disappeared without even declaring if we broke up or not before he leaves Thailand. But I consider him my ex. It was him. The person i've been dying to see last two years ago. The person whom I gived everything but is still not enough for him. It was him. I slowly turned around fixing my gaze at the person in front of me. I swear I am not dreaming. He is really here, standing in front of me in an elevator where it's only the two of us stuck together in a tight room.

I blinked rapidly as I stare at his face. He was the same Seng I fell inlove with two years ago. He's still the masculine guy I had known, the guy who's eyes vanish when he smiles, the guy that could give me so many butterflies in my stomach.

He never change.

The only thing that change is my feelings for him. No more butterflies in my stomach and no more excitement when I see him.

"How have you been?" He asked.

Fixing my composure. I put in my poker face and averted my gaze from him back to my phone again. I am afraid I might confront him the moment I look at his face. And I am afraid to be haunted by the memories again.

Why do he have to comeback?  I am better of without him. Then why do he have to come back all a sudden?

"I'm fine." I replied.

The atmosphere went dead silent. All I could hear was he's steady breathing signifying that he is also as nervous as I am. My palms are getting sweaty making my phone slid through it. I could not put into words the nervousness I felt. It was at this moment that all I wanna do is jump out from the elevator and be free from this guy standing behind me.