Chapter XXIV

PS: Please don't forget to vote.

"What?" Non ask.

My heart started beating rapidly as I realize what I have said. I am not gay and I never was. Why the hell would I ever say that Freen make me feel something far from Non is making me feel?  Why do I feel like I have cheated on him when in fact I didn't? Cheating is not really my thing, let alone be gay over someone or feeling something over someone who is not my lover. It's already cheating.

Why the hell would you say that Bec?

I heave a deep sigh before opening his door again as I started gathering my things preparing to walk home but he grab my wrist as his eyes plead me not to go.

"Babe."

"Take me home." I replied coldly.

"Babe let's sort things out."

"Take me home Non! I'm not in the mood to talk." I pulled my wrist back from his grip as he exhale deeply starting his ignition again as we drove all the way to my house.

No one dared speak. Not even Non, and I also didn't talk on the other hand. All I could think about is what Freen is making me feel. She make me feel so alive when i'm around her, her scent is intoxicating for me but I end up getting addicted to it. She was a pain in the ass and a total meanie when we're in school but I end up being used to her feisty and bossy attitude. And last and foremost, she make my heart beat rapidly like it never did before. She made me feel so many things that I know I also feel with Non. The difference is the proximity of that feeling. It's different and far from each other.

Well because you are comparing two people Bec. My mind murmur as I roll my tongue on my inner check as I lean my forehead on my palms.

"Babe... I'm sorry." Non started as he reach for my hand that is resting on my lap.

"It's okay." I replied shortly. The truth is, it's not okay. It's not okay to badmouth someone as if we know their story for us to conclude things like how we judge them. It's not okay and I am not okay when Freen is being bad-mouthed right in front of me.

"Babe please—"

"Please just let it go okay? I'm tired." I rest my head on the window shutting my eyes close as I hear Non's heavy deep sighs every now and then and that's the last thing I remember as I sneak off to Dreamland.

———————————
I woke up all giddy and wrapped up in my blanket stretching my limbs from my long nap when I saw Freen on the side of my bed caressing my hair softly  with a sweet smile plastered on her face. She was smiling from ear to ear while she was looking at me full of adoration. Then slowly by slowly, she leaned forward making my heart skip a bit as her face inch a little closer to me and it's as if fireworks have exploded the moment our lips collide. Her lips are a taste of strawberries, her breath are fanning my face as she inhaled deeply savouring my lips as she started sucking my lower lip. She slowly caress my hair and her right hand is rubbing my cheeks like it was the most fragile thing she ever hold in her life.

"Good morning baby." She cooed as she smiled sweetly at me the moment we pulled away from the kiss.

"Good morning naka." I reply pulling her down to lay beside me as I snuggle on her burying my face on the crock of her neck inhaling her scent.

"You miss me that much huh?"

"Who's missing you?" I jokingly ask making her pout.

"Get off me."

"No."

"Get off Bec." She push me lightly as she wiggle her body away from me leaving a soft chuckle on my lips. "Why are you laughing? Get off me."